|
Author Topic:   FireBall.img?
Tank target
posted April 15, 2005 11:13 AM            
This file is from hell! No matter what program I use I can't open this file, it says this when I try, this is not a valid img file, please help i want to mod this file so I can produce the proper effects for my Plasma chaingun weapon and many others.

IP:

KiLlEr
posted April 15, 2005 11:50 AM            
img files are a special format to store multiple images in one file. IIRC, they're gifs. The editor se to be on www.dxball.org, but thats gone. Unless someone else knows of a link, I'll have to dig it out of my archives as well. LOL

IP:

Rex R
posted April 15, 2005 12:33 PM            
iirc they are bmp files joined together, I think one can use a hex editer to seperate them(and join bmp's) but am not sure.

IP:

KiLlEr
posted April 15, 2005 02:16 PM            
Yeap. BMP not gif
It's been awhile. LOL

IP:

Tank target
posted April 15, 2005 03:52 PM            
Well I tried a hex editor it didn't work, but if this prgram that is spoken of by KiLlEr can do it I shall thank him insanely
BTW I am having a problem with Tmapper When I turn it on I see the main screen for a few second then it all goes black witha red dot at the very center of the screen help.

IP:

KiLlEr
posted April 15, 2005 03:59 PM            
The program I'm, speaking about is the one used by LDA to make those files to begin with.

I used it for my long range strategic assult magic mod to animate the sprites.

TMapper problems? uninstall *all* installed java runtimes, then re-install the "big" archive of tmapper after a reboot. too many versions of jre's will cause problems with TMapper, especially if there are multiple versions of the opengl java component.

IP:

KONG
posted April 15, 2005 08:08 PM            
It is called DXimage. I would send you a copy but you dont have an email address

IP:

Tank target
posted April 15, 2005 08:21 PM            
Actaully I do I just didn't put it in my profile, jptegart@bellsouth.net please send.

IP:

KONG
posted April 15, 2005 08:55 PM            
did ya get it?

IP:

Tank target
posted April 15, 2005 09:09 PM            
Yeah but it doesn't work it gives me this message when I try to open it, this file does not have a program associtated with it for preforming this action create an assoctiation in the folder options control panel.
Please help.

IP:

KONG
posted April 15, 2005 09:14 PM            
did u extract the .ace file? you may have to get winrar. Extract it then open the dximage.exe file. from there you can open any .img file

[This message has been edited by KONG (edited April 15, 2005).]

IP:

Tank target
posted April 16, 2005 04:30 PM            
Okay how the heck do I extract it? And what is winrar?

IP:

jujaga
posted April 16, 2005 05:22 PM         
It's basically winzip, but has a different name, is from a different company, and you have to buy it after thirty days... not bad, but i'll stick to winzip...

------------------
=MOD= FISH!!! TI-89T!!! RB/RBT/TM anyone? Modulus :D Firefox 1.0.2 Rocks!!!

IP:

Tank target
posted April 16, 2005 05:29 PM            
I have WinXP doesn't that mean I don't have to have winzip?

EDIT:I downlaoded Winzip and I connot extract anything all I got was an ace. file my computer says it' not a valid win32 application. Something's wrong with it.

[This message has been edited by Tank target (edited April 16, 2005).]

[This message has been edited by Tank target (edited April 16, 2005).]

IP:

KONG
posted April 16, 2005 06:19 PM            
http://www.rarlab.com/

I'll mail you a zip file instead since this is too complicated

IP:

Tank target
posted April 16, 2005 08:46 PM            
Well now I got it to work I downloaded a demo of winrar it worked great, so if you emailed that to me thanks i greatly appreciate it but it didn't need to be done.

IP: