|
Author Topic:   30mm
rcy
posted April 01, 2005 05:54 PM         
Is there a way to make the 30mm kill with one shot? Cos in real life, one shot from an Abram's gun would send the enemy tank to the junk yard, so any help would be appreciated.

IP:

Vlad
posted April 05, 2005 10:29 AM            
Well, the 30mm (going by the ent names), is actually the machine gun. I assume you're referring to the 120mm gun that the main tanks use...

To make the tank's main gun kill in one shot, copy the file Treadmarks\Entities\Projectile\TankGun1.ent to Treadmarks\Addons\Entitiies\Projectile\

Once a copy of the TankGun1.ent file is sitting in an Addons subdirectory, open it with a text editor and change the value for "damage" to something like 2.0 or so. If I remember correctly, a damage value of 1.0 is technically defined as "100% damage", but I can't remember offhand if that'll account for the stronger armor on the front of a tank, so if you want to be sure to make it insta-kill, just go with a really high number .

IP:

rcy
posted April 06, 2005 03:38 AM         
Thanks bud! Works great! Ok, now how do I increase the ammo for it?

IP:

Vlad
posted April 06, 2005 08:41 AM            
If you want to change the amount of ammo all tanks start with, copy the file Treadmarks\Entities\Tankgod\sabot.ent to the equivalent Addons directory, and change the value for DMPeaShooter to whatever you want the initial starting ammo amount to be.

IP:

rcy
posted April 06, 2005 12:09 PM         
Sweeeeeet, now I can either sit in one spot, or roam about the battlefield causing utter hell! Thanks dude!

IP:

Rex R
posted April 06, 2005 12:51 PM            
of course doing it that way you're still stuck with a max ammo of 16...if you wish/want to increase that you need to add a line to the tank.ent
AmmoMax = 64 (replace 64 with the amount desired)

IP:

rcy
posted April 06, 2005 01:56 PM         
Where's the tank.ent located?

IP:

Rex R
posted April 07, 2005 02:30 AM            
various tank.ents located in entities/racetank you will need to change each ent if you want additional ammo for every tank. had assumed that you were going to use the '30mm' for only one or two tanks.

IP: