|
Author Topic:   Spirit Shot Gun
rcy
posted February 10, 2005 08:20 PM         
Thanks Vlad for helping me out! Now, for my next one. The Spirit Shot Gun. If you've ever watched YuYu Hakusho, then you should know what this is. What I want to do is mod the machine gun. Have it fire small plasma balls instead of bullets, but not in rapid fire, I want 20 plasma spheres to fire out in a fanning blast. So it's like a spewer in a way. It takes 20 seconds to recharge.

IP:

Vlad
posted February 10, 2005 09:23 PM            
I'm about to go to bed, so I'm not about to do any step-by-step things at the moment...

As far as the way the weapon works, it almost sounds like you're trying to basically make it so that you've got a weapon like the Wasps that has shots that look like plasma balls. For the fanning effect, take a look at the Weapon ent for the Wasps. If I remember correctly, it's called BoxOfDeath.ent or something similar. There's a setting in there called launchspread (or something similar) which controls the firing arc of the projectiles. There's another value in the weapon ent (launchcount, I think), that determines how many projectiles are launched every time a tank fires.

IP:

rcy
posted February 10, 2005 09:45 PM         
Ok, cool, thx bud. So basicly all I gotta do is copy some stuff. You can help me with the plasma sphere BMP when you come back on, later bro.

IP: