|
Author Topic:   How do I select a mesh?
Tank target
posted January 25, 2005 03:59 PM         
Yeah when I am in the Entity files for tanks I was wondering what do I type to select a mesh? Any help is gratefully apreciated.

IP:

jujaga
posted January 25, 2005 06:31 PM         
Technically speaking, I don't exactly know... however, I do know that the mesh does vary for each tank... what are you trying to do exactly, create a mesh, make the tanks look different, or are you just curious? That's about all I know so far, anyways... I'll c ya around...

------------------
=MOD= FISH!!! Whee!!! RB/RBT/TM anyone? Modulus :D Firefox 1.0 Rocks!!!

IP:

Rex R
posted January 26, 2005 02:02 AM            
borrowed from the talon as an example
Mesh = Tank9/Tank9HighT.lwo
Mesh1 = Tank9/Tank9T.lwo
Mesh2 = Tank9/Tank9Low.lwo
TurretMesh = Tank9/Tank9TurretHighT.lwo
TurretMesh1 = Tank9/Tank9TurretT.lwo
TurretMesh2 = Tank9/Tank9TurretLow.lwo
GunMesh = Tank9/Tank9GunHighT.lwo
GunMesh1 = Tank9/Tank9GunT.lwo
GunMesh2 = Tank9/Tank9GunLow.lwo
I'm not 100% sure on this but, as I understand it;
you need;mesh, mesh1,mesh2, turret, turret1(&2), gun does not appear to mandatory. the syntax is mesh(tells tm that this is an object) = where to find it(the folder objects is understood, just need the particular sub-folder), which object. the mesh is the high detail object(primary level of detail)1&2 are lower level of detail objects(and can be the same as the primary). turret and gun follows same rules as the mesh(the hull). hth if not post back with a more specific Q pls

IP:

KiLlEr
posted January 26, 2005 10:30 PM            
In a tank's ent file you need the minimum:

Mesh = Tank9/Tank9HighT.lwo
TurretMesh = Tank9/Tank9TurretHighT.lwo
GunMesh = Tank9/Tank9GunHighT.lwo

the ones with numbers after them are progressivly lower poly count models of the same part.

[This message has been edited by KiLlEr (edited January 26, 2005).]

IP:

Tank target
posted January 27, 2005 10:19 AM         
Thank you for your help but I figured out my problem and it turns out that it had nothing to do with meshs. Thanks anyway

IP: