|
Author Topic:   My tank not working.....problems?
RD-Kill
posted November 12, 2004 10:55 PM            
I made a tank today lol. I made all the seperate parts, turret,cannon,chassis. i took a already created entity and changed the meshes so my ones. i looked at the old t72 file and it didnt have any .luv and worked so i started off that script and put in my meshes. so then i play the game and all it is is a square box... I only used one mesh per part not mesh1,2 turret1,2,3 and so on, could this be the problem? so i just drive a little square aournd and i would like to put some screen shots of it in but dont know how... can anyone help?

IP:

Rex R
posted November 13, 2004 01:14 AM            
it would appear that the game can't find the meshes that you specified(the box is the default mesh used when tm can't find a mesh). if you could be so kind as to a) post the line from your tank ent where it calls the new mesh and b) the location of the new mesh(which folder did you put it in) then we can help you edit the ent.

IP:

RD-Kill
posted November 13, 2004 01:22 AM            
thanks, i messed with if for about 2 hours lol and now i have it working, the files wernt exported right (figures :-p) so i did them again and it worked. Do you know of any .luv unwrapers that i could use for skinning?

Oh yeah, also for the .ent editing im just editing premade ones for now. Until i can acually make a true tank.

[This message has been edited by RD-Kill (edited November 13, 2004).]

IP: