|
Author Topic:   Double barrel tanks......
RD-Kill
posted November 09, 2004 09:11 PM            
Hi, about thoes double barrel tanks...i was trying to figure out how to get them to shoot 2 bullets one day and was inspired by the Avenger. i looked ast the ground when u shot it and it looks like multipul bulets are comming out and your ammo goes down alot in one shot but if u shoot it only once it doesnt make more then one crater. so i took a look at the ent files for it and found that it only shoots one bullet with a ammo mult of 11 and it is acually he smoke trail that creates the chain-bullet effect. so i made a smoke effect of a bullet and by that allowd the double barrel tanks to shoot two bullets (although one is a *fake*). but is this the only way to do this or is it possible to acually shoot 2 real projectils from a tank cannon (although it is with a weapon because of the script codes it can take,but u all probly knew that. can i make it leave 2 craters somehow? thanks for ur help. i was also thinking of maybe making a realism mod, would anyone be interested in such?

IP:

Rex R
posted November 10, 2004 01:14 AM            
check out the conan tank avail here http://treadmarks.vorklift.com/

IP:

Vlad
posted November 10, 2004 12:34 PM            
Hate to tell you this, but there's really no way to get a weapon to fire multiple parallel projectiles. The best you can do is one that spurts out a bunch in a spread (like the Wasps).

Unfortunately, that's one of the biggest limitations with modding TM. While there is a lot you can do really easily, there's some stuff that is just impossible to do.

Also, if you haven't checked it out yet, all the Conan tank does is just replace the standard 120mm sprite with a sprite that shows two shots side-by side. Then, when the tank fires, it shoots one of these faux double-shots instead of a single. However, there's still only a single in-game projectile.

IP:

RD-Kill
posted November 10, 2004 07:43 PM            
yep, my tank does pretty much the same thing i was just wondering if it was acuallu possible to shoot 2 real projectiles but since its not im happy enough with a fake one too, i have made all the double barrel stock tanks like this :-)

[This message has been edited by RD-Kill (edited November 10, 2004).]

IP:

RD-Kill
posted November 10, 2004 07:52 PM            
wait, i think i know what u mean. is the sprite image just 2 shells on one image? that way they are centerd? i was also wondering how you make the shields and what not that are on that site,(i cant download them right now). also how would u make something such as the ice gun i think it is....i dont have it yet but ill download it when i get the chance.

IP:

Vlad
posted November 10, 2004 08:37 PM            
Yeah, if you look in the zip for the conan tank, it includes a .bmp file. That file represents both "shells", side by side. The game then uses that texture as the projectile, giving the appearance of two indivudual projectiles.

As for the shield, it has to do with the line "collide = 1" in the explosphere ent. What that does is make the explosphere that is generated solid, so nothing can pass through it. Since the sphere is hollow, a tank can sit in the middle of it easily. The ice gun works on a similar principle, except it generates a solid mesh instead of one that objects can pass through.

IP:

RD-Kill
posted November 10, 2004 08:42 PM            
yeah, i was just looking at them and i think i might have it lol, and for the ice gun the low's were al ready there so no modeling needed same for the shield i have milkshape 3d the downloded version and ulbimate unwrap but cant figure out how to tranfser the moddels into a .lwo?

IP: