|
Author Topic:   VOICE INTEGRATION
pablito
posted August 16, 2004 02:33 PM            
I guess I'll try this thread:
I just wanted to know what would it take to integrate voice into the game (for chatting purposes) and especially within your own team!
THANK YOU!

IP:

KONG
posted August 16, 2004 02:43 PM            
That has been tried quite a few times by different persons and has never worked out. Mostly ...

------------------
All truth goes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Then, it is violently opposed. Finally, it is accepted as self-evident.

IP:

pablito
posted August 16, 2004 06:43 PM            
I wonder why...
Thanks for the reply though..

IP:

KiLlEr
posted August 16, 2004 08:36 PM            
Radio chatter mostly. When you have 3 or 4 people yapping its hard to concentrate. then you have the issue of not being able to really tell the person where you are. Unlike say BF1942, there are no grid markers that you can use to indicate your position to others. the latter is less of a problem than the former which becomes confusing.

Then you have the problem of inducing even more lag on our machine.

[This message has been edited by KiLlEr (edited August 16, 2004).]

IP:

posted August 29, 2004 03:34 AM            
but it could work...I have seen Susan use teamspeak or ventrillo all the time in the other games. The hard part is getting it up.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted August 31, 2004 01:31 AM            
In a clan war, if we have 20 players and 20 on the radio.. the lag is added to considerably... this isnt as bad for broadbanders as 56kers like cyber and melon who would really feel it.

I cant explain the dynamics behind it since broadbanders have plenty of bandwidth - but thats what happens.

IP: