|
Author Topic:   PuttingTM to its limits......
TBIKingTiger23
posted June 23, 2004 04:47 PM            
w'oOOk..... Now... For any body that knows how to work with ents or dosnt and came acrosss it by accident.... What are some really cool things you have done with an entity in tm? Id like to see what kind of things we could do for more types of weapons or tanks.... to creat really cool explosions....like A2597 did with on the HQ pack...some more reallistic expolsions ...????????

Some things id like to see....
1. A reflexion effect on the weapons(like you see in Halo on all the guns)(I know this is practicly imposible unless you put the reflexoin on the texture it self...
2. Newer and better sounds for the more realistic explosoins(i was working on a whole set of sounds untill i lost it about 2 months ago along with all my art work for most of this.)
3. Fire smoke? When a tank fires it not only shoots out a Shell but fire an smoke? any ideas?
4. Glowing tanks? guns?
5. is there a posible way to change how the scorch marks are made? It would be cool to update them so they actually look like a corch mark like there was a blast there not just a black circle......

any thing at all?

(The game TM is alredy awsome, i just want to see how far wee can stretch the engin that runs it......

------------------
Um? Well if I could think of one id put it here.

YO!?
King Tiger (TBI)

[This message has been edited by TBIKingTiger23 (edited June 23, 2004).]

IP:

coaxs
posted June 25, 2004 12:26 AM            
Very cool ideas.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

Dudymas
posted June 26, 2004 03:04 AM            
how about hitscan seekers, so you can emulate intelligent turrets (in other words each time you fire, the projectile is launched at the nearest enemy, but has no tracking after it is on its way).
What about negative kick and expanding the height of maps.
We could also use projectiles that can be shot down or respond differently to collisions... like a make a collent= entry that allows you to specify what happens if a certain ent hits... like if collent=tankgun in a nuke, then hitting a nuke with a tank gun will do the following...
what about camera following for nukes or steerable weapons?
what about weapons that upgrade or enhance instead of increasing in ammo (nukes and shadow need that... it's a lot more fun when weapons keep changing around instead of just lasting forever and annoying others).
what about strategic stuff that blinds/confuses/slows other tanks or steal... man, I could go on forever. I think, though, that we need a larger base for TM before we do ALL of this, because otherwise you'll just see everyone start heading their own ways if you know what I mean... but perhaps a few would be nice to implement. You can't argue that negative kick would be the nicest thing to have right now without being to invasive... or changing maps to be just heightmaps. Simple enhancements for now.

IP:

Dreamer
posted June 26, 2004 10:36 AM         

1. No idea how to do that.
  2. Not even tricky.
  3. Smoke coming out of the gun? That could be a tad tricky. I'm not a modder, but maybe a second projectile could be launched that immediately tracks (and sticks to) the closest tank (guess which one that might be). If that secondary projectile emits smoke upon exploding and has neither push nor scorch effects, the effect should look like smoke emitted from the tank gun's barrel.
  4. The lighting is static, so all you could do is use very bright colors.
  5. You could spawn subexplosions in a star-shaped arrangement (probably with slight randomness to the spawn angle) to emulate non-circular scorch marks, I think.

IP:

TBIKingTiger23
posted June 27, 2004 04:29 PM            
ok..... another thing that id like to figure out is 3d trees.... i have tried to make them as a solid 3d model but is there posibly another way....?????

------------------
Um? Well, if I could think of a sig one I'd put it here.

YO!?
King Tiger (TBI)
Proud Player of Tread Marks

IP: