|
Author Topic:   Any boby working on somthing that i can help with cuz im board...
TBIKingTiger23
posted June 18, 2004 01:40 AM            
Like a mod or some textures or ent work or modeling or making sounds ......... i can do those things ........ any body? im board.....

------------------
Um? Well if I could think of one id put it here.

YO!?
King Tiger (TBI)

IP:

-Guided by Voices-
posted June 18, 2004 08:14 PM            

hay

im going to need help with race map path

editing ( reverse map paths on some maps i

dont know what ones right yet )

and changing the size of all stock race maps

to 30 % larger .

i have no idea how to do this stuff .

do you ?

what else can you do ?

IP:

TBIKingTiger23
posted June 19, 2004 02:02 PM            
yes i can do that stuff... and pretty much any thing else tm related....

changing the stock map size you can not do unless you have the original height maps so i think your stuck on that one for now... unles you can make a height map by just looking at the picture.
------------------

YO!?
King Tiger (TBI)

[This message has been edited by TBIKingTiger23 (edited June 19, 2004).]

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted June 19, 2004 04:19 PM            
Heightmaps can be extracted from the map file itself using a program like Paint Shop Pro. RC explained how to do it in a post some time back.

------------------
May you always have a following Sea a cool breeze at your back and the comfort of those you hold nearest to your heart.
Sailor's Home Port

IP:

TBIKingTiger23
posted June 20, 2004 01:25 PM            
REALLY??????.......Hm.......i wonder........

------------------

YO!?
King Tiger (TBI)

IP:

Dreamer
posted June 20, 2004 01:48 PM         
afair heightmap sizess are restricted to powers of 2. I think anything from 64x64 to 4096x4096 should be valid, but that means that increasing the size of a map by 30% is simply not possible.

IP:

Dreamer
posted June 20, 2004 01:50 PM         
Note that TMapper may or may not edit maps with non-standard (1024x1024) sizes - I wouldn't count on it.

IP:

coaxs
posted June 25, 2004 12:27 AM            
RC's tutorial on how to do this is at my site. http://www.geocities.com/coaxs/mapmodding.html

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

KiLlEr
posted June 25, 2004 01:09 AM            
The largest map that is workable in TM is 2048x2048 for DM/CTF games. However race maps can only be 1024x1024 as TM can't handle large racemap layouts in multiplayer mode. (See my boomstick raceway map. It works fine in single player but it dosn't work at all in multiplayer mode). and DM/CTF maps larger than 2048x2048 suffer from horrendous lag in multiplayer mode.

[This message has been edited by KiLlEr (edited June 25, 2004).]

IP:

THETAXI
posted June 25, 2004 11:18 AM            
LOL! Here's an idea (stolen from super mario), how about a weapon that when fired, shrinks tanks into micro-machines for 5 seconds or something, then the one who fired it could run over the smaller ones? Or would you have to create micro-machine versions of every single weapon?

IP:

KiLlEr
posted June 25, 2004 04:54 PM            
Dreamer: actually, TM mapper works quite happily with 2048x2048 maps. All of my large maps were done that way.

IP:

Dudymas
posted June 26, 2004 02:46 AM            
HEY dreamer! haven't seen you in a while! How's life! I'm about to start my college years, be they good or bad!

IP: