|
Author Topic:   little tiny Cruisemissiles ????
-Guided by Voices-
posted June 06, 2004 12:04 AM            
i GBV am going to open a race server for ( this part i need your votes )
mondays or fridays

so i have some questions

how do i change the missilewasp.ent file in the Projectile file to shoot tiny little cruisemissiles that are just like the big cruisemissile but------

less damage?
less kick?
less smoke trail?
less holes in ground?

more homeing?
more cruise ( life )?

(so not one cruisemissile) but eleven tittle ones that if they were all to hit a target , the target would get fraged.

------------------
www.gbv.com

ifrit CTF...every Tuesday, 11 PM Eastern
8 PM Pacific
stock CTF...every Wensday, 11 PM Eastern
8 PM Pacific
Come and bring your guns.

IP:

Rex R
posted June 06, 2004 02:06 AM            
mostly it is straight forward. start with the missilewasp.ent and compare it to the cruise.ent, think you'll need to add timetolive = 30-60 (pick a number, lower will be liked better than higher by players) assuming that you ment reduced from the cruise rather than the wasp. as for smoke trail well you could check the paperplane or bomblobber. one thing though if your intent is to modify things I would highly reccomend getting(and using) entegrety it will help debug your mods(and reduce your chance of getting THE LETTER from the DPA )

IP:

-Guided by Voices-
posted June 06, 2004 04:42 AM            
ok thanks whats the dpa ?

IP:

Rex R
posted June 06, 2004 12:50 PM            
the Dial-up Players Association, we even have a flag

IP:

coaxs
posted June 07, 2004 12:57 AM            
well start editing. It's been awhile since we've had to help anyone. :P

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

-Guided by Voices-
posted June 07, 2004 02:07 AM            
well since i cant have a bunch of little cruisemissiles for the tankgun .
im going to alowe <-( is that spelled right? ) the big ones to act as the main gun.
at race start your tank will have 3 cruise missiles ,full ammomax will hold 6 ( <-sounds ok? ) same reload time and look as the stock cruise. the hole left behind is not deep and ifrit type tanks wont get stuck in them ((( unless your playing 30 to 99 ai tanks and thay all fire at the same time at thr start of the race ))) lol, big time fun .
black ammo box = three up on weapon
gold ammo box = six up on weapon + six up on special weapons ((( if special weapons are to be added <massdriver mines))).(((if so special weapons upon pick up will have only three ammo))).

THIS IS NOT THE END GAME TYPE ... JUST AN IDEA... PLEASE WHAT DO YOU THINK ?

[This message has been edited by -Guided by Voices- (edited June 07, 2004).]

IP:

Rex R
posted June 07, 2004 02:45 AM            
well, the thought did occur to me that, although you can't do it directly... one could have a projectile with a real short lifespan that spawns a bunch of subprojectiles... much like the mirv weapon

IP:

-Guided by Voices-
posted June 07, 2004 06:36 AM            
well i dont know all i want is a bunch of little cruise missiles shot from the tanks main gun .

thanks for your help

IP:

KiLlEr
posted June 07, 2004 11:17 AM            
Multi-projectiles from the Main gun?

Very easy to do (90% of TeamCTF's tanks are multiprojectile). Just use a mesh in your projectile instead of a sprite, this allows you to entity chain subprojectiles to it.

The short lived projectile spawning sub projectiles donot work as the direction and velocity donot get inherited by the spawned subprojectiles. But entity chaining causes the chained projectiles to inherite the speed and direction of the parent projectile.

To seperate the projectiles from each other, you can vary the corkscrewing, gravity, acceleration, top speed, or guidance or use the MeshOffset parameter to make it look like the projectile is comming from somewhere else.

I manually created the projectile meshes at the location I wanted them to come from. When your playing in single player mode, this actually causes the projectile itself to be offset (the location of the projectile is computed by finding the center using the bounding box of the projectile's mesh) however, this trick doesn't work in multiplayer mode which treats the projectile's center as being centered on the guns X and Y axies. This discrepancey between the multiplayer and single player modes caused lots of lag (I had to go back and remodify all my projectiles).

Oh, and because TM centers the projectiles spawn point on the X amd Y wxies, and gets the Z coordinate from the part of the cannon mesh located deepest in the screen, you can make projectils come from the back of the tank by making a single polygon cannon positioned where you want the projectile to come from on the z axis (but it will always be centered on the X and Y axies).

That is the secret behind TeamCTF's multi projectile tanks.

[This message has been edited by KiLlEr (edited June 07, 2004).]

IP:

Rex R
posted June 07, 2004 12:36 PM            
gee that sounds involved. guess that beats my idea for a 'cluster' bomb effect with mini cruise missiles. was busy blasting tanks with a 'mirv missile swarm' from the tank gun...

IP:

KiLlEr
posted June 07, 2004 01:31 PM            
It only applies to the multiple projectiles coming from the cannon. MIRV style effects basically use a spewer in the tankguns explo parameter but the subprojectiles fly in random directions (or directions relative to the global coordinate system and not relative to the tank's turret), and does not follow the original projectiles path and speed.

BTW, My Harraser TM tank fires 16 mini-missles in one shot. You can grab it off of RC's site.

I've asked RC not to host TeamCTF because there are too many versions floating around. I'll give him an official up-to-date version when I get the chance later during the week.

I've decided to support TeamCTF, since there are a few people who do play it. It will however take me a week or two to patch up my website and the TeamCTF modules.

[This message has been edited by KiLlEr (edited June 07, 2004).]

IP:

-Guided by Voices-
posted June 07, 2004 11:18 PM            
wow thanks killer

IP: