|
Author Topic:   3Ds max 6 > icn i use it to change the shape of a treadmarks tank ?
-Guided by Voices-
posted May 15, 2004 04:30 AM            
or can i use it to make a tank for treadmarks?

does anyone have 3Dx max 6 by discreet ?

what file types are the tank shape ?

what do i need to open and learn about theses 3D shapes ?

------------------
www.gbv.com

ifrit CTF...every Tuesday, 11 PM Eastern
8 PM Pacific
stock CTF...every Wensday, 11 PM Eastern
8 PM Pacific
Come and bring your guns.

IP:

BamZipPow
posted May 15, 2004 04:19 PM            
I personally use http://www.milkshape3d.com Milkshape fer my TM modeling and http://www.unwrap3d.com Unwrap3D fer my UV mapping.

The file format of any of the models in TM should be LWO (Lightwave 5.6) format. The LUV file format is the UV mapping...

[This message has been edited by BamZipPow (edited May 15, 2004).]

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted May 16, 2004 10:09 PM            
Im same as Bam, but i use RightHemisphere's "3D Exploration" to toy with the formats.

IP:

TBIKingTiger23
posted May 17, 2004 11:29 PM            
I have used it once. U can export your modela s a 3ds file then use lithium unwraper to open it, Rotate it so the cannon isnt pointing up then save it as a LWO and the UV map as a LUV files.

------------------
Um? Well if I could think of one id put it here.

YO!?
King Tiger (TBI)

IP:

Dudymas
posted June 05, 2004 01:02 AM            
there are now blender python scripts that export to lwo and create luv files. There is a basic UV editor within blender, but if you wanna create UV formats and then make the skin, use lithium's uv editor. If, however, you already have a skin or a picture (like, say, a couple pictures of a foot to make a monty python foot weapon... note that you'd need a few pics for each side) then you could use blenders UV editor quickly. I cannot say for certain that the LWO and LUV exports are perfect, but they should work most of the time... try it out if you feel like goofin off as I'm sure there's a lot more flex with open software like that.

IP: