|
Author Topic:   Brainstorming for no good reason...
Dudymas
posted April 01, 2004 12:29 AM            
Hey, I wanted to make a "get any ideas you have out" post. Here's my idea for a Mod:

Why not try volley TM... all weapons have catchability. With each, you could heal any damage occured, but only if your turret is free to catch a shot. Shots that are caught are upped in damage and kick afterwards. I think you could do this by taking the pickup sound entity and entchain it??? Any thoughts suggestions? Are we still trying to come up with cool mods?

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted April 01, 2004 04:27 AM            
I want Matrix to finish his cell shaded mod for one. I hear he needs a bit of help with the tank death effect.

IP:

Dudymas
posted April 01, 2004 07:46 PM            
eh? what was that again? I don't remember it... or should I even?

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted April 01, 2004 10:46 PM            
Check out his screen shots on www.dmfboards.filetap.com - in the Treadmarks 1 & 2 area.

IP:

Dudymas
posted April 03, 2004 12:29 AM            
Suh-w33t idea. I hope I can select explosions ranging from BLAM to THWOCK. With blender, you could easily make some explospheres that are twirling words. I'd like to have the words be 3d cells as opposed to just 2d cells.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted April 04, 2004 08:51 PM            
didnt think you could achieve a rise and fade effect with 3d objects tho ?

IP:

KiLlEr
posted April 04, 2004 09:04 PM            
Thats easy, you make it an explosphere, and set the gravity to a negative value. THen just entity chain it to explosphere/tealenv1.ent. You can ent chain a bunch of different ones then change the entitychainmode to random, and have it pick random words.

[This message has been edited by KiLlEr (edited April 04, 2004).]

IP:

Dudymas
posted April 05, 2004 12:32 PM            
very nice... thought you'd need to just pick a certain word. Mwahaha! Matrix, can you do like megatokyo and post a percentage bar of what progress you've made? I'd like to have this soon.

IP: