|
Author Topic:   So...how do I add a health to come up after a weapon is spent?
posted March 10, 2004 02:20 AM            
The apollo's bow does this. Once the weapon hits an object it leaves a health on the course where it hit the object. So, I was wondering what would it take to have it added to the afterburner, but it would need to be activated after the after burner was used up. Any hints???

------------------
OH, Community Modded pack is out…is this going to be stock?
Race Ladder Results & Downloads

IP:

Rex R
posted March 10, 2004 04:12 AM            
I don't believe its doable. at least I haven't found it possible, the dig drill was supposed to drop a pogo at the end (run out of 'ammo') it may have worked fine in 1.01 but, in the newer ver it littered the spawn points with pogos, course a few extra health might not be a bad thing...use the outentity = entity (def explosphere class) to use when weapon is picked up or disappears.

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted March 10, 2004 10:22 AM            
Check with GoldAnt_Number 1, 666. He did something similar on his pfft server.

IP:

TBIKingTiger23
posted March 11, 2004 06:07 PM            
try messing with the blimp in and blimp out thingys.... i dont know were they are... i think in the explosionsphere or gui... somthing like that.

IP:

KiLlEr
posted March 12, 2004 12:16 AM            
They're in Weapon, flag, and powerup ents.

IP:

Rex R
posted March 12, 2004 01:41 AM            
that would be blipin/blipout. you do not want to monkey with these(blipout is called by outentity) if you monkey with blipout to call up a health powerup then every time you grab a weapon, run it out of ammo you would get a health kit, ditto for powerups. this would not be good.

IP:

posted March 14, 2004 02:53 AM            
Ok, found out when the blessing/health mesh is materialize as a spewer type. So how do I add a spewer to the afterburner???

------------------
Ifrit CTF and Race Ladder…speed …speed…and more speed.

IP:

Rex R
posted March 14, 2004 03:33 AM            
how do you want it to appear? simplist would be to add this line to the weapon ent outentity = powerup/health (think thats right) run out of fuel and viola a set of spanners appears(course they would also showup when you grab the ab)

IP:

posted March 15, 2004 01:34 PM            
Youmust forgive me...I am very new at doing any mods. Most I do is change a line or two. I will try it out.

thx in advance.

------------------
Ifrit CTF and Race Ladder…speed …speed…and more speed.

IP:

Rex R
posted March 15, 2004 06:06 PM            
how do you think I got started (custom flag)

IP:

Dudymas
posted March 16, 2004 11:17 PM            
Exactly well put. Start small... work up, and pace yourself. Just like working out... stretch/load/stretch/rest. Increase load each cycle. Have fun... for those wondering where I've been (not on servers or posting) I've been clearing out all my HW that I didn't do because of programming. I'll be back at working on Entstravaganza perhaps tomorrow... And hopefully Sailor will hook me up with a way to post Screenies so you can debate the interface.

IP:

posted March 20, 2004 06:06 PM            
Well, I can see a health appear right when I pick up the afterburner, and I see one right after I the afterburner is finished. But the health comes out too quick and you end up using the health instead of leaving it behind.

So, is there a way for health to delay before it appears? I am wanting to scatter the healths through out the race course, not just for the racer who picks up the afterburner.

IP:

Rex R
posted March 21, 2004 01:59 AM            
ah so now we get down to what you want ok so what you want to do is call a projectile,(lets use a pmine) cut damage, kick, crater, depth, and guidence to zip. scorch change to 1.
type = HealthMine
ExploEnt = powerup/health
#ExploHitEnt = explosphere/TealEnv1
ExploHitEnt = Powerup/health
timetolive = 4
this should let you drop a health when you run out
change the outentity(afterburner)to
OutEntity = projectile/HealthMine
Unless you want to be nasty I would change the texture of the healthmine to something other than a plasma mine

IP:

posted March 21, 2004 06:11 PM            
Will try it. The 1st way does drop them on the race course, but I will see what it is like doing by a projectile.

Thx much.

IP: