|
Author Topic:   Storm Racer - NEW install option
Sailor
Administrator
posted February 28, 2004 11:05 PM            
Ok I got a bright idea to take the Storm Racer mod and create an install and uninstall for it that would not require manual intervention to put it in as is required now with the zip file.
Well it is complete and I have obtained approval from JV to release it for download.
Here are the specifics.
1.It will ask you for normal install information
2. It will ask you where you want to install the mod.
3. It will first move the TM maps directory to a different directory.
4. If you have an Addons directory it will copy that to a backup directory.
5. It will backup the Lines.TXT and Help.TXT files and replace them with the ones required for Storm Racer.
6. It will install all needed Storm Racer files in the Addons directory.

If you wish later to uninstall this install of Storm Racer it builds a Start menu item called Storm Racer that holds an uninstall selection. If you click on it the mod is uninstalled and all the above actions are reversed returning the install to its pre installation state. No manual intervention is required therefore to perform the install or uninstall of the Storm Racer mod pack.
I am sending a link to RC and harmless to let them obtain a copy of the new install for them to post. I am sure they will let people know when they have it and it is ready for download. I hope this will make it easier for people to use the Storm Racer mod pack and help to promote it a bit more.
JV tells me that he is still going to release a patch to the pack with some new weapons and other additions at some point in time.

------------------
May you always have a following Sea a cool breeze at your back and the comfort of those you hold nearest to your heart.
Sailor's Home Port

[This message has been edited by Sailor (edited February 28, 2004).]

IP:

coaxs
posted February 29, 2004 05:07 AM            
send it over to me. I can host it as well. mitch@********.edu .

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

[This message has been edited by coaxs (edited February 29, 2004).]

[This message has been edited by coaxs (edited March 01, 2004).]

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted February 29, 2004 09:15 PM            
Link to file sent.

------------------
May you always have a following Sea a cool breeze at your back and the comfort of those you hold nearest to your heart.
Sailor's Home Port

IP:

BamZipPow
posted March 01, 2004 05:07 PM            
It should have the cars that I worked on fer the update...

IP:

harmless
posted March 01, 2004 06:59 PM            
oops,

almost forgot to reply that it is up for downloading.

storm racer download 35MB

toodles,
harmless

------------------
mikey,
may peace doggedly
follow you.

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted March 01, 2004 08:32 PM            
If the updated cars were in the zip that I used (which was a recent one) then they are already in there BZP. If not let me have the changes and they can be incorporated for a correction. The best way to check it out is download a copy of the install and use it to see if they are there. It will do an install over a clean install or a modded install and does provide an uninstall utility.

------------------
Sailor's Home Port

IP:

BamZipPow
posted March 02, 2004 04:37 PM            
Quick question...Tucker?

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted March 02, 2004 07:20 PM            
Quick answer. Not sure - install and check it out.

------------------
Sailor's Home Port

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted March 02, 2004 08:56 PM            
A little late - but the storm racer installer is now in the DMF's Member FTP

IP:

BamZipPow
posted March 03, 2004 12:33 AM            
The one from harmless' site does not have the new cars...

Trying the one from DMF...

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted March 03, 2004 07:26 AM            
new cars ?

IP:

BamZipPow
posted March 03, 2004 08:33 PM            
Yah...the A-Team van, Tucker Torpedo, Toyota Landcruiser with the pimp wheels, and about 6 other cars. Did I tell too much?

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted March 03, 2004 08:35 PM            
The downloads are all the same BZP so appearently they were not in the downloads that I had available - when were they added by JV to the Storm Racer mod?

------------------
Sailor's Home Port

IP:

BamZipPow
posted March 03, 2004 09:25 PM            
Er...they haven't been "released" to the public yet...

I got bored one day and asked him fer some model work to do. So I did all the conversions and sorts. Then his comp crashed so he lost all of the stuff he had...but luckily I still had my copies. So I sent him copies of the models. That's the last I know of the project.

IP:

BamZipPow
posted March 03, 2004 09:26 PM            
I guess it would've been Mod Pack II...

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted March 03, 2004 10:29 PM            
I guess I could email him and ask him about those models, but since they were not in the released downloads then I am not sure they will be put in at the current time. I know he is still planning an update to the pack, but not sure when.

------------------
Sailor's Home Port

IP:

KONG
posted March 14, 2004 10:15 AM            
I think Sailor would appreciate some feedback on the installer.

Does it make installing/un-installing STORM easier? Does anything need to be changed? Added?

Are there any other mod packs you would like to see packaged this way?

------------------
"Yes, I know, I have to sleep on the couch tonight, but did you know we really don't mind that? It's like camping." ;)

Homepage

IP: