|
Author Topic:   Images that shouldnt' be there
Blue n Gold Sue
posted February 08, 2004 01:23 PM            
If anyone has been on the race server lately, there is a weapon that has been leaving something behind. I think it is from the archangel, and what it leaves behind is something that LOOKS like a plasma mine, but it doesn't do anything.
Why is it created, and how can one eliminate it?
Thanks.

IP:

Rex R
posted February 08, 2004 06:17 PM            
perhaps one should determine if this only happens in multiplayer or if it does this for both single and multiplayer(recalling one of Vlad's weapons, and the spirit bomb both left artifacts behind in multiplayer). off hand I don't know(haven't looked at it)

IP:

Vlad
posted February 09, 2004 08:54 AM            
I remember having that problem with the spirit bomb for the longest time, and if I remember correctly, it had to do with the transitory setting in the explo files.

It's also entirely possible that the weapon itself just leaves smoke that doesn't go away.

IP:

wolfman
posted February 14, 2004 10:15 AM            
Hi - have you all added the demon, djin, golem, and thor on the server too. Tx JT

IP:

posted February 16, 2004 01:05 AM            
Yes, I have seen it too. The archangel weapon has been modified from Lord Byrons because it does to work, it blows up. So Sup modded it to work but there are some things that he did not fix to make it work. I did catch one spelling error on the explosphere. Inside the file it was spelled exploshere and it would never call up the ent.

But I do not know if this it he problem that is happenning.

[This message has been edited by 666 (edited February 16, 2004).]

IP:

posted February 16, 2004 02:08 AM            
I think I have found the problem. In archangel, spewer godwarth2, the spew type files were not calling out the correct ents. It looks like Sup did not rename the files correctly to call out the proper ents. They are listed below. It works much better now.

Lord Byrons that did not work but not corrected by Sup:

SpewType0 = smoke/godwrath2
SpewType1 = explo/godwrath1
SpewType2 = projectile/godwrath2
SpewType3 = powerup/blessing
SpewType4 = explo/godwrath1

Supís version that I corrected:

SpewType0 = smoke/godwrath1b
SpewType1 = explo/godwrath1
SpewType2 = projectile/attractor
SpewType3 = powerup/blessing
SpewType4 = explo/godwrath1

Yes, yes, yesÖonce I get the firelumpy.bmp, I will rezip it for all to use.

IP:

Rex R
posted February 16, 2004 02:49 AM            
sounds to me like a sprite. as a substitute(place holder) you might try lumpyfire1.bmp(1)(just to see if the weap will work, or if there are further errors)

(1)note lumpyfire1 is a sprite, located in art\sprites

IP: