|
Author Topic:   Tank Making Tutorial
=DNX= Matrix
posted February 07, 2004 02:14 AM            
GBV messaged me via the DMF website to post a tutorial, im unsure one exists.... and i know full well to write one from scratch can be a huge undertaking. Anyone know if theres an existing tutorial anywhere ?

IP:

Rex R
posted February 07, 2004 03:08 AM            
I don't believe one exists...least I've haven't seen one. for me it was a case of trial and error. though it is fairly simple(compared to making stuff for other games) basically you need 3 pieces 1)tank hull 2) turret 3) gun. you also need a 3d modeling program.

IP:

KiLlEr
posted February 07, 2004 10:23 AM            
The gunbarrel must be centered on the x and z axes, with the business end pointing towards +z. The tip of the gunbarrel must be located at z>=0, it cannot be in the negative z space. The turret needs to be centered at its rotating point. The verticle position of the turret is relative to the gunbarrel and the body's position is relative to the turret. If you load up any of the existing tanks you'll see what I mean.

TM will set the launch coordinate of the projectile at the tip of the barrel, centered in the x and z axis.

TM will also use the max and min x,z coords to create 4 contact spots at the lowest y coordinate of the body. These are where the "treads" touch the ground (more like 4 tires). If the spots are too close to each other or the spacing > about 10 meters, the tank becomes unstable. There is also a limit to how tall a tank can be, but I haven't been able to pinpoint the exact value.

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted February 10, 2004 12:23 PM            
There is this , which JVortex did a while back. Kong is currently hosting it.

IP:

TBIKingTiger23
posted February 10, 2004 06:19 PM            
pardon what i say next but, Now that i am free of my G/F, i can continue on with my web site. I plan on having a several fetures including tutorials for tanks and weapons. But i wont have them done for a while. and the web site has nothing to say about either.

IP:

BamZipPow
posted March 06, 2004 04:34 PM            
Here are some basic tutorials on model building...
http://www.psionic3d.co.uk/lowtuts.html

IP:

Dudymas
posted March 09, 2004 05:21 PM            
sorry to post here, but the forum isn't letting me start a topic. Testing to see if I am still allowed to post.

IP: