|
Author Topic:   hay hay hay and a ho ho ho !!!!!!!!!!!!!
-Guided by Voices-
posted December 15, 2003 04:50 PM            
tanks are looking real good ill try to finish them and send to some one who can make a tank skins pack for all my TM buddys befor X mas. so ... who wanks to do it ? hay you ! yeah how about you ? well what else are you gona do ? thats what i thought . so
can you help me ? great ! post reply and ill zip up the finished tank skins and ent files and send them to you some how . verizon is haveing a bit of a problem with my new acount address . so i hope it will be up befor x mas . HO HO HO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IP:

-Guided by Voices-
posted December 18, 2003 01:09 PM            
come on guys ! well then tell me how to make a tank pack.
what files do i need to place in pack ?
___just the tanks bitmaps and the ent files?
what should i use to make this tank pack.
please help...

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted December 18, 2003 06:16 PM            
easiest way that I know of is to put a folder on your desktop called "Addons". Into that folder put in all the files that the tanks need, in THEIR appropriate folders. Ents in the ent folder, skins in the appropriate folder (tankgod or racetank I think). When all the files are there, zip it up.
Another way to do it is to use ENTegrity
When used, that prgram can zip up your mods for you.
From Swisher:
ENTegrety does not create mods for you, it simply validates the mods that you have created. ENTegrety does not rewrite your .ent files; it validates your mod by chasing down every file referenced by every entity (.ent) file in your mod. If every line is correct, and you have WinZip or PowerArchiver (with PowerArchiver Command Line Support Add-On, Version 2.00 or greater) installed, it gives you the option to create a distributable zip file. Included in the zip file are all of the files needed for your mod to run correctly on a player’s PC (.ent, .bmp, .img, .wav, .lwo, .luv, etc.).
AND
I'm not a modder, but have had to learn a few things about the inner workings of the Tread Marks gaming engine to write ENTegrety. This page discusses some of the weird quirks I've discovered while writing ENTegrety. Most of this was discovered from trial-and-error.

1. Addon mods must be placed into the \Addons\ENTITIES folder. That is, you cannot put a weapon into, say, \Addons\Weapon\MyWeapon.ent. Tread Marks will not find it! It must be in \Addons\Entities\Weapon\MyWeapon.ent.
2. You cannot have a space after a reference to an entity file. For example, "Projectile = 240mmShell" is okay, but "Projectile = 240mmShell " is not! The trailing space (after 240mmShell ), is invalid and causes Tread Marks to NOT find the entity file; in this case, you wouldn't have a projectile for your weapon.
3. Tread Marks internally references entity files (.ent) based on their class/type pairs. That is, at start up time, Tread Marks reads every entity file in the main and addons directories and constructs class/type pairs based on the "Class = ClassValue" and "Type = TypeValue" parameters contained in each entity file. File names have NO meaning. File naming conventions are used extensively by modders for readability and maintainability, but it is done for convenience, not necessity. ENTegrety enforces naming conventions to a point, but primarily as warning messages.
Class/Type pair references are constructed on all entity file parameter references. For example, if you have a parameter of, say, "Projectile = 240mmShell", the default class of "Projectile" will be added to your "240mmShell" value; thus, the class/type pair for the line "Projectile = 240mmShell" is 'Projectile/240mmShell'. However, you can override the default class by specifying your own class on the parameter. For example, if you have a parameter of, say, "SmokeEnt = Projectile/240mmShell", the default class of "Smoke" will be overridden by "Projectile"; thus, the class/type pair for the line "SmokeEnt = Projectile/240mmShell" is 'Projectile/240mmShell'.

From this website: http://www.geocities.com/bwlswisher/entegrety/whatis.htm

A good one-stop-shopping place for all things TM is www.coaxs.net

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted December 18, 2003 06:19 PM            
Now that sucks.. I copied the link FROM WHERE i HAD JUST NAVIGATED TO...
ENTegity must not like how I linked to it. Its found: http://www.geocities.com/bwlswisher/entegrety/download.htm

IP:

Rex R
posted December 19, 2003 02:02 AM            
tank ents go in addons\entities\racetank tank skins can go anywhere you care to put them so long as you give the complete path to, however its easiest to put them in addons\art\textures. good method for building a mod pak is to run ENTegrety on each mod(always a good idea, else you may get 'THE LETTER' from the DPA ) let it package each mod. then rename your current addons folder(current addons will work) then unzip each mod(they'll make their own sauce) (delete any thumbnails that may have snuck in) then zip the addons folder you just created by unzipping the tanks/mods into. once you have all the tanks/mods in one big zip you should check to see if the zip has the path info, if so then delete the addons folder, rename your previous addons folder back to addons. rename your tank/mod zipfile to something like GBVTanks.zip and email it off to whomever and burn them to cd (its a pain losing your your hard work due to whatever reason). yes it is a bit of work but, the more work you do to make life easier for the user the more likely they'll get used.

IP:

-Guided by Voices-
posted December 22, 2003 01:28 PM            
Thanks yal, ho ho ho !!!

IP: