|
Author Topic:   Tank colors
-Guided by Voices-
posted December 04, 2003 03:38 PM            
hi agine . im wondering how to have one tank with many colors. ive goten to arts, tex and changed the color of tank 25 to blue gray , but id like to keep the red one too. how do i, and what do i change or copy and rename to make tank 25 in a bunch of colors ?

IP:

DNX-goku
posted December 04, 2003 05:29 PM            
you make a single texture with lots of colors and you rename the ENT to point to your texture

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted December 06, 2003 03:24 AM            
I'm thinking you want SEVERAL versions of the tank in various colors, not ONE multicolored tank, correct?
Basically, any tank must have an entity file associated with it. The Entity file tells the game what color to put on the outside of a tank, among other things, like how much armour, how fast, etc.
You can copy these entity files and assign new bitmaps for the tank skin, and then rename them "Blue dwarf" or "yellow dwarf" so that they would be there to choose from. I hope that helps...
Best way to play with the game is do a second install of TM and call it experimental TM or something. You can play with all kinds of files and not mess up your regular game.

IP:

-Guided by Voices-
posted December 08, 2003 01:45 PM            
WOWIE ZOWIE! do i have some tank skins for the GBV new server not yet ready yet.)who wants a light tan and green tank 25? O yeah baby! Rock on! or a bleached out brown camo tank 19? most new skins are there same bitmap image just tweeked hard.

thanks for the help and for making tm so changeable. yeah!

------------------
Sex can be exciting, But add love and it has meaning...

IP:

BamZipPow
posted December 08, 2003 02:43 PM            
Don't ferget about yer EULA and LDA property rights...

IP:

-Guided by Voices-
posted December 08, 2003 04:26 PM            
JIM, BZP says there is copy rights on tanks .
what do i need to do to make a steel tank skins pack for mod for a server/servers or addons download ? i think the skins have the tanks look more military . i really want the other players to enjoy them as much as i do.

please post reply for my email is down right now.

thanks GBV john Rowe

what is EULA ???

whats

[This message has been edited by -Guided by Voices- (edited December 08, 2003).]

IP:

LDA
Administrator
posted December 08, 2003 08:34 PM            
The general rule is that as long as it is distributed for free and that you acknowledge in a readme file what the items are derived from our work.... copyright Longbow Digital Arts, etc. ....then you can set up and distribute a set of modified tanks.

Jim

IP:

-Guided by Voices-
posted December 09, 2003 04:12 PM            
please JIM / LDA post an example of how a readme text file should state copyright, and any other things needed stated if a tank color has been changed and given freely to some one to make a server pack with . thanks gbv.

IP:

-Guided by Voices-
posted December 09, 2003 04:13 PM            
has any one else made tank skins?

IP:

BamZipPow
posted December 09, 2003 04:24 PM            
I have but not from the stock LDA ones...

IP:

KiLlEr
posted December 09, 2003 10:32 PM            
Same here. All the artwork and models that I distribute in my mods are original or freely availible.

[This message has been edited by KiLlEr (edited December 09, 2003).]

IP:

-Guided by Voices-
posted December 10, 2003 01:38 PM            
LDA please post an example of how your copyright should read IF I CHANGE THE NAME OF TANK AND COLOR. or should i just copy from another readme file? yours GBV

IP:

LDA
Administrator
posted December 10, 2003 01:57 PM            
Keep it short.

Just say something like.... "these mods utilize content that is copyright Longbow Digital Arts"

Jim

IP:

-Guided by Voices-
posted December 10, 2003 02:12 PM            
thanks jim

what tanks you drive

ill hook you up

IP:

BamZipPow
posted December 10, 2003 03:18 PM            
GBV...post some piccies!

IP:

LDA
Administrator
posted December 10, 2003 04:28 PM            
I like the military tanks, M1 & T72 plus the Dwarf.

Jim

IP:

-Guided by Voices-
posted December 10, 2003 04:49 PM            
how do i post pixs

IP:

BamZipPow
posted December 10, 2003 11:33 PM            
Get a free account from Free Picture Hosting and post yer pictures in here with the [img][/img] command.

Like this:

IP:

posted December 11, 2003 01:15 AM            
I love the drawf...fast, stable...and can take a hit from the mass driver and stay put to frag the shooter...LOL

------------------
Tin Horn Community Admin Dictator at your service…that is…if I will do it!
Race Ladder Results & Downloads

IP: