|
Author Topic:   Unused Mesh files in TM
Rooster5372
posted November 13, 2003 09:32 AM         
Can someone tell me why some of the lwo files in TM won't show up in TM?In particular I'm trying to make a liquid tank using Liquid3High.lwo and i can't get it to show uo in the game.I'd appreciate any help I can get.There's some others that look interesting also but I can't get them to work.

IP:

Rex R
posted November 13, 2003 12:56 PM            
simple answer (though it took me a while) they are not triangulated (lacking the final step to be used) I've been a little leary of using them for distributed mods as they are copyrighted material and to use them, one would have to alter them, and include them in your mod. lda has not given its blessing to do so(though they might if asked nicely, then again might not)

IP:

BamZipPow
posted November 13, 2003 01:29 PM            
Welcome to the game, the forums, and our community, Rooster5372! Hope to see you on the servers soon.

Yup...RexR is correct. You'll find lots of the meshes aren't triangulated. I use the 3D Browser Light tool from www.mootools.com. Version 6.1 is available fer free as all you need to do is register. I personally use the 5.0 version as it doesn't have the ads and it allows me to save the 3DS files as LWO.

IP:

LDA
Administrator
posted November 13, 2003 02:30 PM            
There's a lot of raw material tucked away in Tread Marks.

The general rule is that we don't mind if you modify our stuff as long as it is distributed for free and that you acknowledge in a readme file what the item was derived from our work.... copyright Longbow Digital Arts, etc.

That said, if you want to develop a full game by modding Tread Marks, we can come to some arrangement and if the early results look promising, might help with custom code changes and pitching a budget publisher....(not eGames).

And BTW... sneaking and sniping in are popular these days....

Jim

IP:

Rooster5372
posted November 13, 2003 05:11 PM         
Thanks for your help folks,I'll see what I can do but I'm new to this and don't know how it'll turn out if I can get it to work.And Thanks for the Welcome!!

IP:

Rex R
posted November 14, 2003 02:11 AM            
lol! thanks for the info

IP:

BamZipPow
posted November 14, 2003 04:32 AM            
That's great to hear... I can have fun with the rest of the models now.

IP:

BamZipPow
posted November 20, 2003 07:56 PM            
Does that tank look something like this?

Kinda like a Zodiac-S...

Too bad no one probably wants it...

IP:

Rooster5372
posted November 24, 2003 05:46 PM         
That's it,but I've got a different turret in mind,if I can remember where I saw it and can get permission to use it from the maker.

IP:

BamZipPow
posted November 24, 2003 06:03 PM            
Is it one of the TM turrets? Some hints?

IP:

Rooster5372
posted November 24, 2003 07:19 PM         
No,It's from a tank called Mammoth,I've got the mesh for it but I can't remember where I got it and don't want to use it untill I can ask permission

IP:

BamZipPow
posted November 26, 2003 07:45 PM            
You can also build it yerself if yer so inclined...

IP: