|
Author Topic:   Rex...the mystery modded weapon...I have a question.
posted November 03, 2003 01:16 AM            
I finally did just that weapon. It is very cool all the different weapons that can come up. But when an AI get the mystery box they just hold onto it. Sometimes never using it. Just wondering why the AI's don't understand how to activate the mystery box.

IP:

Rex R
posted November 03, 2003 01:38 AM            
from what I've seen, weapons that are rear mounted (mine layer etc.) are activated asap while the priority is turret then hull mount. so the turret weap needs to be in range and the right elevation. in this case that means around 15 m (I think, whatever the range is for a dirtball) didn't play with that aspect. moving it to the rear would cure the AI problem, sorta, and create new probs. you might notice that on occasion it will 'misfire' leaving the weapon behind...(not good, does that if you get a gold box too, course you can spawn weaps for your buds (and everyone else)that way). call it a 'fairness' feature for now. eventually I'll see if that can be cured.

IP:

Rex R
posted November 03, 2003 04:05 AM            
if you are feeling brave, try this; in the file AddOns/entities/projectile/MysteryProj.ent
change the line that reads 'timetolive = 0.01' to 'timetolive = 0.1' and see if that improves things for the AI

IP:

posted November 04, 2003 01:29 AM            
will do

------------------
Tin Horn Community Admin Dictator at your service…that is…if I will do it!
Race Ladder Results

IP:

wolfman
posted November 05, 2003 09:28 PM            
is that the same as the box in the Mining mod or the flying tanks mod - i forget which ciao

IP:

Rex R
posted November 06, 2003 01:55 AM            
same basic idea, just a different mix of weapons than the 'random weapon from the FT & CD collection'

IP:

KiLlEr
posted November 06, 2003 12:19 PM            
Easy fix

Set the weapon as rear mounted, but change the launch coordinate so that it would launch the projectile towards the middle of the tank. The 0,0,0 point on a rear mounted weapon is near the outside of the tanks bounding box, which is why it misfires.

[This message has been edited by KiLlEr (edited November 06, 2003).]

IP: