|
Author Topic:   Projectile/Spewer problem
ShadowRaven
posted October 31, 2003 06:24 PM            
I'm a bit new to modding and I'm making my first weapon that includes spewers and I have a problem.

I launch my weapon which flies up then when it detonates, it makes the spewer on ground level. How can I make the spewer spawn where the projectile detonated?

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted November 01, 2003 04:23 AM            
While I can't answer your question, I can point you in the direction of some written info on modding
Look here http://www.hallsted.us/treadmarks-downloads/programs-for-modding-TM/
There are others who make weapons, Rex R, goku, Killer, BZP, and others. I am sure they can put in their two cents worth eventually.

The EEK is the "bible" for modding ents. Its a good place to start. The TM entity DB and the mod picker are good to be able to pick what mods you want to run at one time. The ENTegrity is good for checking your new mod to make sure it will run if distributed to the TM playing public.

If you do make a new weapon, that works well, let us know. Harmless and Random Chaos are the current TM mod "suppliers" and they can add your mod to their sites for general distribution.

Good Luck!

IP:

Vlad
posted November 18, 2003 08:54 AM            
There's two spewer ent commands that you need to consider to solve this problem. They are RestOnGround and GroundOffSet.

If RestOnGround is set to 1, then the spewer will always rest on the ground, or hover above it at a fixed height (set by GroundOffSet). So if you want a spewer that is going to hover five units off the ground no matter what, you'd put the following in your spewer ent:

RestOnGround = 1
GroundOffSet = 5.0

Seeing as you want your spewer to appear exactly where you created it, just put "RestOnGround = 0" in the ent file.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted November 18, 2003 10:07 PM            
Nods .... - Wish i knew as much as him lol ....

------------------
Join Our Gaming Community Today

DMF COMMUNITY BOARDS

IP: