|
Author Topic:   CTF Flag
Aces~X~
posted October 25, 2003 02:03 AM         
Okay, I've both got this working and not got this working.

I have, so far, been able to create a squad flag, and a personal flag for my tank, and there has been no problems or interference.
I also created a CTF flag, and once I got it placed in my AddOns, it seemed to work... Until...

(Side info... my personal team is listed first in the list of teams at the game menu.)

I noticed that the other teams no longer match their appropriate flags, they seem to have dropped one apart, in direct order... The black team now has the blue flag, etc...

I tried messing with the team ID for my CTF flag, moving it to ID 7, but this just caused the flags to be moved UP one in order, meaning my personal team now has the black flag...

Any help with this would be helpful... I spent last night printing up 4 Flag and Insignia files, checking and cross-checking to see the differences, and to see if I could pick apart where I went wrong, and it seems as if I followed a logical order with it, but am not seeing the expected results, which would be a simple clean installation of my CTF flag with no interference on it's end.

Another note of interest, not sure if this would be a direct problem...
My CTF flag IS different than my team flag on my tank, unlike the default flags that seem to be the same symbol.

Is the resolution to copy the .ent files for the default teams' flags over to my AddOns Flags folder, and reassign their ID #s?

I was coming along so nicely, too...

Thanks in advance...

Regards,

Aces & Eights~X~

IP:

Aces~X~
posted October 25, 2003 02:34 AM         
I moved and re-ID'd all the default teams' flags, and here are the results:
I finally have it where the opposing team, (black) has their proper flag when I play them with my personal team.
If I select Black as my team, my personal flag shows up as the opposing team's flag and they are named properly. If I select any other team; such as red, I get defaulted back to my personal insignia and CTF flag, and the opposing team is proper at black...

ARRRRRGHHHHH!

hehe.

Regards,

Aces~X~

[This message has been edited by Aces~X~ (edited October 25, 2003).]

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted October 25, 2003 11:47 AM            
I'm no expert by any means, but it is my understanding that the ctf flags (for two teams) use the black and blue flags (or what you have replaced them with) by default. Since the LDA CTF server has those two flag as the BWL and the DNX flags (since those are the black and blue clan flags) then I can understand why you are getting some trouble.
BZP and Rex R are the flag .ent gurus around here (though others are just as good, too). I know that BZP figured out a way to get more than just 6 flags to show in the team line up without messing up the flag colors (hit the www.dmfboards.filetap.com site for that discussion in the Treadmarks section. This is a forum run by Matrix, another big TM Modder, who runs the Death Match Federation).
BZP was out of town for a while and Rex R has been having computer problems, so they will both show up soon.
Good luck!

IP:

Aces~X~
posted October 26, 2003 01:49 AM         
Thanks for the suggestions... I, after trial and error, came to the conclusion than in a single player game, the AI must only use the 1st 2 teams, the black and blue, so it's probably just that that's causing the problem; however, once I get some time in the next couple days, I'll be checking on the suggested link you left... I'm truly enjoying working on my own touches to TM, and was surprised to find that a 3D graphic I created some time ago actually translated extremely well to the bmp file format, and is now my team flag... It actually translated much better than any other "flat" pics I used, and all the other flags I have created have had to be from scratch, as nothing else in my plethora of previous creations seemed to like the transfer to bmp.

Again, than~X~ for the assistance!

Regards,

Aces~X~

IP:

Robo Jaws
posted October 26, 2003 10:49 AM            
The teams used are set by the map and so overide any user setings.
most maps use Black and Blue as they are Team1 and Team2 in TMmapper
the map creation software used by most map moders.

IP: