|
Author Topic:   Been searching forum on sreenshots, and none seem to work...
Aces~X~
posted October 20, 2003 04:02 PM         
Thanks for all the previous help, guys. I've got my Treadmarks "eGames-free", and have been working on flags, which are coming along nicely.
However, I'm having difficulty finding a way to take screenshots that actually works.
I've tried several, including an addition to the config file, that perhaps was intended to just keep creating screenshot after screenshot, (which was not my intention, and I ended up with TM taking 66 screens before I could shut her down...)
I also read in the "changes" doc file that is in the directory that F12 was enabled for screenshots, but it doesn't seem to work... However, hitting alt-F12 does seem to illicit a response (quick pause as if taking a screen,) but the screen is nowhere to be found... A "find" run by my PC of all the .bmp's on my harddrive came up empty.
I can get a screen by using print screen, but that allows only one screen to be taken, then have to paste it before another can be taken.
Ideally, what I want to have happen is to be able to take one screen per keystroke, and have it saved to a file with each shot taken.
I have also read about a 3rd party program recommended here for taking screens, and it is my hope that I do not have to go that route, only due to trying not to put any more programs on this PC than I have to... I've used up more than half my HD as it is, so I'm becoming more conservative. (Time for a 2nd HD soon...) I am not completely against doing this, but want this to be a "last resort".

My hopes in doing this is as follows...
I began a squad, "Squad X" over 5 years ago with the original Delta Force being our first game. We have stuck with that series for a long time, but have grown more and more disappointed with it through time. Currently, we are in a state of "flux" trying to find a new game to devote energies to, that all of our members can enjoy, without having to have a hugely pumped up system. Some of us, like myself, can play anything out on the market right now, but we also "don't leave anybody behind".
TM plays beautifully, has amazingly low sys req's, and I think would be a game worth considering, if I can get the others to check into this. I've already raved about TM to them, but would like to add some screens to "help convince them", as well. We've been going back and forth about games for so long now that everything is being taken with a grain of salt... (Imagine the whole lot of us continuing to buy each other's recommendations... Not many of us can continue to afford to do so).
I have already changed AI names to reflect the members in our squad in single player, (A shameless plug to help push them in TMs direction,) created a flag for the tank, and created a banner for the CTF...
Which I think could be a huge draw for our members, as well... I'm truly amazed at just how easy it is, and how fun it is to see your work put into the gameplay.

Thanks again for all the help, sorry to rant so long, (I'm extremely long-winded, as you'll come to find,) and am even more vocal when I find something I love.

Regards,

Aces~X~

IP:

harmless
posted October 20, 2003 05:50 PM            
with the change to the config.cfg file,
you need to tap the F12 key twice, once to
start the capture process and the 2nd time to
stop it.

if you pause about a half second between the
two F12 key presses, you should end up with about 2 or 3 screen captures.

i don't know what you saw or where you saw it,
this is the information that i have, so i am repeating it here.

# to enable in game screen captures
# by pressing the F12 key
# add to the bottom of the config.cfg file
# found in C:\Program Files\Tread Marks 1.5 folder
# or where ever you installed TM
# the following 3 lines

# Animation frame saving. (F12)
AnimDir = c:\TempShots\tank
AnimFPS = 15

# remember though, to press the F12 key twice!
# press F12 once, and you start a non stop series
# of in game screen captures.
# press F12 a second time to stop it.
# also,
# create a folder called TempShots on your C: drive
# TM will save screen captures as bmp files, so they
# are large. the saved bmp files will be numbered
# tank00001.bmp, tank00002.bmp, etc. etc.

# also notice this entry in the config.cfg file

# Logging.
LogFileActive = 1
LogFileName = "tank.log"

# by default, it is set to 1
# so a log file is created and grows and grows
# every time you play treadmarks
# to deactivate the log file
# set to 0
LogFileActive = 0
# or comment it out with a pound sign
# Logging.
# LogFileActive = 1
# LogFileName = "tank.log"

i should add that the path
AnimDir = c:\TempShots\tank
F12 shots are saved to the TempShots folder
and the file names start with tank

the path can be anything that you want.
ie... C:\TM\tm
F12 shots are saved to the TM folder
and the file names start with tm

etc etc

hope this helps.
toodles,
harmless

[This message has been edited by harmless (edited October 20, 2003).]

IP:

Aces~X~
posted October 20, 2003 05:59 PM         
Thanks, harmless... gonna give this a shot tonight...

Regards,

Aces~X~

IP:

harmless
posted October 20, 2003 06:10 PM            
oops,
out of completeness, i forgot to add
that one needs to create the folder first,
whether it is the C:\TempShots folder,
or the C:\TM folder,
before one tries to do the screen captures.

IP:

Aces~X~
posted October 21, 2003 12:43 AM         
Worked like a charm, harmless... Thanks!

Regards,

Aces~X~

IP: