|
Author Topic:   Armour-Geddon tanks...
BamZipPow
posted September 28, 2003 05:16 AM            
Does anyone remember the game Armour-Geddon fer the PC/Amiga/Atari? It was made by Psygnosis back in the early 90's. It was a filled vector based combat battle game.

Well...I still have it fer my Amiga and wanted to model some of the tanks from that game. They had a hovercraft, light tank, heavy tank, and some other bot tanks.

If anyone already has these as models, I would appreciate them to convert to Treadmarks. If not, it might take me awhile to model them as I would have to fire up the game to see how they look from all angles and then start building them block by block.

I did find a download of the game fer the PC from the-underdogs.org but I'll have to load a DOS mouse driver so I can select the various menu options in the game. Maybe I'll just stick it on my laptop as I only need to get far enough into the game to see the other models.

So any pictures/models would be greatly appreciated. If not, then I'll go it alone.

IP:

wolfman
posted September 28, 2003 06:26 PM            
Don't know if this link will help or not - states it is for in game editor. Did a google search and checked a bunch of game sites and no luck for decent pics http://www.computerandvideogames.com/r/?domain=chs&page=http://www.computerandvideogames.com/tips/tips_story.php(que)id=72109&domain=pn2

JT

IP:

BamZipPow
posted October 03, 2003 02:41 AM            
Thanks, Wolfman!

I looked at all the stuff in Armour-Geddon and I can say...yuck. Maybe the heavy tank might make it but the rest...not today.

But there is some hope on the horizon. I got a copy of Armour-Geddon 2 and the tanks from that have more promise in being modeled well in TM. I'll just do the heavy tank, light tank, and the hoovercraft. Not sure about the truck or the missle launcher...

IP:

wolfman
posted October 03, 2003 07:04 AM            
No Prob. Came across some stuff for version 2 as well - just couldn't find any pics for that one either. JT

IP:

BamZipPow
posted October 04, 2003 12:54 AM            
I should have some screenies of the models when I get back in about 3 weeks...

Unless I get them done earlier and I get access, I might be able to post them and have the ents avaialable as well...

IP:

wolfman
posted October 04, 2003 09:17 AM            
Would also love to see some of the tanks from "Battle Tanks" from Nintendo. JT

IP:

BamZipPow
posted October 04, 2003 07:30 PM            
Just picked up the game Combat...guess it's one of those oldies arcade games that has been updated. Gonna model the tanks from that game too. Maybe I'll have a nice mess of tanks when I get back.

IP: