|
Author Topic:   Changing established mods and not changing the file name
posted September 18, 2003 09:54 AM            
I am have been guilty of changing the rutting and quantity factors of the various mods a not indicating that my modification of the file set makes it different then the establish one. I then have players download them. The individual player will be confused in thinking that they have the authentic modded weapon but they only have the race version. A2597 made me aware of this by his comment that the weight had been changed on one of his weapons. Also, I found the race mod swarmers in the CTF stock server. So, I need to change what I am doing. Not sure where the change should be.

- I am thinking that the Weapon ent file is the place to add “Race mod” to the end of the ent file. I am pretty sure that the weapon’s ent file is the top of the ent files.
- Also, change the zip download to by adding the “Race mod” to the end of the each weapon set and to the overall zip.

Let me know if you think that this will be enough or not correct or whatever. But I do know that I need to change what I am doing or bedlam will rein in the modded weapons area.

IP:

coaxs
posted September 18, 2003 03:26 PM            
That sounds fine. I've actually been thinking about that for awhile too. I don't think your the only person to do this.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

Irascible
posted September 21, 2003 11:34 PM            
I leave stock file names intact all the time. Let the bedlam rein.

IP:

posted September 22, 2003 12:54 AM            
I know what to do now. The players will have the real weapons. But the server will have the modded version of the stock/modded weapon. This works with the stock weapons. I have a few that are on the server and I have the values changed in the rutting. Yet the players never download those mods.

What I will do is have the full version downloaded to the players and have the modified version on the server. I just need to keep it straight.

IP: