|
Author Topic:   Need to know what are some good sky meshes for CTF?
posted September 17, 2003 10:20 AM            
I need a sky mesh for players to find each otherís flags. A common complaint from CTF players is that they do not know the location of the other flag. I have seen on other CTF maps, sky meshes used to facilitate the route and location of the flags. I am not familiar with all the different sky meshes that are available. I am using TMapper

IP:

Rex R
posted September 17, 2003 01:44 PM            
you mean something like a big arrow in the sky with a 'this way to team xxx's flag'?

IP:

BamZipPow
posted September 17, 2003 03:08 PM            
You can put a big floating sign in the sky...

IP:

posted September 17, 2003 10:22 PM            
no...you people are not helping...I guess I could put all the meshes in a map to see what they are...or I thought I would just ask. To see what others have used. Just a thought.

IP:

KONG
posted September 17, 2003 10:43 PM            
you can use any mesh. you would just have to change the height from the terrain. Or use 3d browser to view the models. sorry, no link to 3d browser

here it is
http://www.mootools.com/plugins/us/3dbrowserlight/index.htm

[This message has been edited by KONG (edited September 17, 2003).]

IP:

BamZipPow
posted September 18, 2003 02:03 AM            
Susan should've already installed it on yer comp.

IP:

BamZipPow
posted September 18, 2003 02:10 AM            
I use 3D Browser religiously to see all meshes. Just make sure they are triangulated or the game won't be able to use it. In 3D Browser, you can toggle on/off the mesh lines. Another trick I use is to find out if the mesh is big enough is to import another mesh that I know the size of (like the Dwarf Tank...Tank 25)into a modeling program like MilkShape3D or UnWrap3D. If yer too cheap to get these tools, then I guess you can always use some of the other free modeling tools out there.

If it's too small then use the scale command to size it up. If you need any help with any of that, let me know.

IP:

posted September 19, 2003 01:23 AM            
thanks much...yes Susan has one...I will borrow hers...again thanks

IP: