|
Author Topic:   What part of the addons is synched when you logon to a server?
posted June 17, 2003 01:32 AM            
I am willing to add a weapon server pack to the race ladder server but I do not want all the weapons to be synching. Especially if those weapons are not going to be used on the server.

So...what file is it that the TM server looks at to know what weapon files it needs to synch?

thanks in advance.

IP:

Rex R
posted June 17, 2003 02:05 AM            
dunno fer sure. mayhap one could try a test where by say you install 2 weapons then remove 1 of the weapon ents (from addons\entities\weapon(s) natch) and then logon and see how many synch (this can be done locally, either by lan or the same box)

IP:

KONG
posted June 17, 2003 09:01 AM            
It will synch all entities in the addons folder whether they are stock or mods.

To disable a weapon with a modded name, just remove the weapon ent.

If you have modded weapons with stock names in the addons folder you will have to remove every ent for that weapon, ie. projectile, explo, as TM will still synch these as stock .ents.

The addons folder is like a mirror of the main directory and TM looks here first for files before the main directory.

If you have a big zip files of mods that you would like to change into single zips, extract them to the addons directory then run Entegrety and it will zip them one by one as it checks them.

[This message has been edited by KONG (edited June 17, 2003).]

IP:

posted June 17, 2003 05:40 PM            
Thank you much...actually Ras thanks you...will be able to use his mods now in the race ladder.

Again...thank you much.

IP:

posted June 18, 2003 02:26 AM            
So, is all ent files in the addons folder that get synched? All the projectile, explosion, weapons, etc...do these all get synched?

Trying to figure out how to reduce the time it takes a player to get on to a server. Currently the prerace time is a minute, but some players are finding that this is not enough time.

IP:

posted June 18, 2003 02:34 AM            
And what is the difference between the synching of a SSO weapon versus a client weapon?

I would suspect that the client weapons do not get synched expect for the weapon's ent file since you do not see the weapon unless you have it in your own addons folder.

Yes, I am busy counting the ent files to see how I can reduce the loggon time.

thx in advance.

IP:

KiLlEr
posted June 18, 2003 07:43 PM            
No difference in syncing.

The only difference is that non-SSO mods that uses custom meshes, textures, or sounds won't work properly. The ent files will sync, but you will get invisible weapons and/or missing sounds as the lwo, bmp and wav files are not synced.

IP: