|
Author Topic:   What do I edit to calm down dasTornado?
posted May 25, 2003 11:37 PM            
In the racer server, das Tornado is too much of a make or break weapon. Just need to calm it down. So....what should I edit.

thx in advance.

IP:

KiLlEr
posted May 26, 2003 10:47 PM            
Best bet is not to use it. That mod has over a dozen files that make it up. You'll be editing it for days. It makes extensive use of entity chains, random spewers and they are all sequenced in a specific way.

IP:

posted May 27, 2003 11:25 PM            
maybe I can cut down on the duration....so where is that at?

IP:

KiLlEr
posted May 27, 2003 11:35 PM            
Duration?

You would have to change most of the files.

There is no 'duration' but rather maxspewcount or something like that.

I'll look at it for ya 2marra.

IP:

KiLlEr
posted June 02, 2003 09:13 AM            
I hadn't forgotten ya, just been a bit busy lately.

IP:

posted June 04, 2003 02:27 AM            
what I have noticed is that in the telebeam ent files there is an iteration line. I am guessing that this would dictate the duration of the weapon. I have found no line in the ent files in the projectile folder stating duration.

The other choice I have is to lower the weight so that it does not come up so often, which I did.

IP:

KONG
posted June 04, 2003 08:26 AM            
I have not looked at them but check the projectile ents for "TTL".

OK, I looked a little bit. play with "time to live" and "SplashPush" to change how long it lasts and how much it throws you around.

I think

[This message has been edited by KONG (edited June 04, 2003).]

IP:

KiLlEr
posted June 04, 2003 09:13 AM            
ALso, check the spewers for maxspew. That also controls how long the effect lasts. There also maybe a line in the expl/explosphere/projectile (anywhere where there is an entitychain) that controls how many times the entity chain is repeated.

[This message has been edited by KiLlEr (edited June 04, 2003).]

IP:

posted June 09, 2003 12:05 AM            
Thank you all for your help...Killer was right...it is more complicated than I would like to deal with. So....I just lowered the weight to 30 from 40. It does not show up as much, which will do.

Thx again.

IP: