|
Author Topic:   need some help
kv
posted March 11, 2003 11:36 AM            
I thought my mod pack (shadow pack) was error free, but my server keeps displaying the message "could not find Entity smoke/lasersparks".

I have checked the files with ENTegrety, but it says that everything is fine. I have also gone through the files and removed all references to "lasersparks" from the ent files. And I just ran a server on this machine and its clean TM install, still getting the error.

Any idea on how to fix this, or is it even something I should worry about?

IP:

KiLlEr
posted March 11, 2003 11:40 AM            
Look to see if you actually have a smoke/lasersparks

IIRC, that is a stock item referenced by the laser gun.

IP:

kv
posted March 11, 2003 12:16 PM            
no. As I have it, lasersparks is an explo ent.

IP:

Rex R
posted March 11, 2003 01:31 PM            
only one(s) I found are 'explo' ents, called from stock ents explosphere\laserbeam1.ent as part of an entitychain, think lasersparks might be called by another ent, will check

IP:

Rex R
posted March 11, 2003 01:42 PM            
only thing I can think of if all your normal culprits are eliminated is, are you running any nonstock maps? and as for worrying depends how often does the error come up? once or twice a map is no big deal, if it comes up a lot then its a problem

IP:

kv
posted March 11, 2003 02:00 PM            

There it is (caught it during a busy moment).

no custom maps.

IP:

Rex R
posted March 11, 2003 02:11 PM            
ayup I would call that a problem. you may have to go through the ents by hand... and look for that ent call (ICK!,btdt). wish you luck. good hunting

IP:

kv
posted March 11, 2003 02:23 PM            

it was the main tank gun. One of the very last lines in the file.

will update the downloadable version soon.

IP:

Rex R
posted March 11, 2003 04:48 PM            
thats an oopsie, was gonna suggest doing a find (from a dos box) but if you have it sorted...

IP:

kv
posted March 11, 2003 10:00 PM            
yeh, I had done searches in windows for files containing the word "lasersparks", but it always said that no files were found. And I thought that I had gone through all the ent files multiple times.

oh well, at least it's sorted now.

IP:

KiLlEr
posted March 11, 2003 10:17 PM            
Thats because window's search is another fine (ack, ack ,cough, cough, choke) M$ product.

IP: