|
Author Topic:   Help me...
posted January 28, 2003 05:07 PM            
I'm havin' trouble with my fort set. If you want it, tell me and I'll send you it. Includes:

Hillbuilder,
Wallbuilder,
Armageddon (while your safe in the fort),
Anhilliator and
Hypershadow (defending is half the battle)!

I have 1.6.0 full.

------------------
Onward came the Meteors!
Respawned were the Tanx!

IP:

Vlad
posted January 28, 2003 05:25 PM            
Well, if you have specific questions, just ask away here, and I'll see what I can answer for you.

Here's the first thing to remember about Treadmarks modding: 90% of the really rocking ideas that you want to do just can't be done with what's available to be modded.

IP:

posted January 29, 2003 06:20 AM            
They worked before... just not now. (Except the Hypershadow and Anhilliator... they never worked.) I could send you the pack, but:
Armageddon is an airstrike with pumped up nukes as missiles,
Hypershadow... self explanatory,
Anhilliator is Avenger firing nukes,
Hillbuilder and Wallbuilder are negative crater versions of MRL and Swarmer.

IP:

Rex R
posted January 29, 2003 12:51 PM            
if I may be so bold, I would strongly suggest that you get a copy of ENTegrety (if you don't already have it ). I have found that most times when something stops working it is usually caused by a typo. one thing that can be a bear to find is haveing a space after an ent call

IP:

posted January 30, 2003 06:13 AM            
ENTegrety works wonders, but all my ENT files "Opens With" is Notepad! I need to reset the default!

------------------
Onward came the Meteors!
Respawned were the Tanx!

IP:

Vlad
posted January 30, 2003 06:53 AM            
Guh?

What's wrong with having them associated with Notepad?

IP:

Rex R
posted January 30, 2003 12:30 PM            
think it has to do with 'clean as you go' feature of ENTegrety (default is 'ultra-edit')

IP:

posted January 30, 2003 04:40 PM            
Vlad: I dont know, but it doesnt work.

Rex R: I don't have ultraedit.

------------------
Onward came the Meteors!
Respawned were the Tanx!

IP:

swisher
posted January 30, 2003 11:01 PM            
What's the question? I wrote ENTegrety, so I should be able to figure it out.

------------------
Swisher - Check out ENTegrety for mods.
BWL/MG

IP:

Rex R
posted January 31, 2003 01:32 AM            
dunno maybe its a windows problem. could you be more specific as to the problem? I've used notepad almost exclusively for editing .ent files. I did once have to tell windows to use notepad to open them (in windows explorer, right click, open with/ chose program/always use)
just tried out the clean as you go feature (version 1.15) and ENTegrety used notepad no-problem (thanks swisher, haven't tried out your fix yet, but did recieve it)

IP:

posted January 31, 2003 06:11 AM            
Swisher: They didnt work before, thats why I got ENTegrety.

Rex R: Mabye your right. I also used open with and "always use this program to open this type of file". However, unmodded weapons work, and I ran all the modded weapons thru ENTegrety thrice.

------------------
Onward came the Meteors!
Respawned were the Tanx!

IP:

Rex R
posted January 31, 2003 01:20 PM            
well could you send me one of your non workers( to the address given ^) and I'll see if its something I can fix

IP:

swisher
posted January 31, 2003 11:10 PM            
ENTegrety's clean as you go feature can be used with any program (NotePad, UltraEdit, PFE). The only thing special with UltraEdit and PFE (Programmer's File Editor, available for free here: http://www.users.wineasy.se/aeag/amsampel.htm ) is that if PFE or UltraEdit are used, ENTegrety can open the file and position the cursor on the line in error.

To use PFE, edit the ENTegrety.ini file section [PowerUserOptions/CleanAsYouGoEditor] to "C:\Program Files\PFE\Pfe32.EXE" /g@lineNumber/1 "@fileName"

Note about Programmer's file editor. This editor is typically just unzipped into the
folder of your choice; therefore the "C:\Program Files\PFE\" path mentioned above may not be correct. If you unzipped PFE to "C:\PFE", then you would put "C:\PFE\Pfe32.EXE" /g@lineNumber/1 "@fileName" into the ENTegrety.ini file.

[This message has been edited by swisher (edited January 31, 2003).]

IP:

Rex R
posted February 01, 2003 03:25 AM            
as I began to suspect, we were looking at the post in the wrong way. the problem was mis-communication. avatars problem was with the ents themselves and not ENTegrety or windows or notepad. sorry about that, it can take us a while to catch on some days. Looks like the weapons stopped working bout the time you renamed the ents. will explain further when I send them back. at a guess it shouldn't take long to get them working again.

IP:

posted February 01, 2003 06:17 AM            
No, the .ent's are OK, but they cant find each other. But mabye i'm wrong.

IP:

Rex R
posted February 01, 2003 02:21 PM            
fixed em. you may expect them in your mail. easy mistake to make for those who haven't learned about how tm finds files. tm doesn't actually look at the file names when looking for ent files, it looks at the class/type pair, as in 'weapon' projectile = sniper
tm then looks in the projectile ents for 'class = projectile
type = sniper'
for editing conveniance we generally make sure that the type = the file name. although tm wouldn't notice if the file name didn't match. in the example if the sniper's projectile ent file were named 'whack.ent' tm would still work fine...as long as the type read sniper, we humans on the gripping hand would find this to be a bother.

IP: