|
Author Topic:   Vulcan Cannon - A little History
VorDesigns
posted October 14, 2002 03:24 PM            
When we first released this mod to the users at large, quite a few of you complained that it did not sound "authentic". http://www.f-16.net/reference/armament/m61a1.html
This is where the sound you here came from. If you don't like the way it sounds, please complain to GE, the manufacturer.
If, you read the specs and set your ENT file to those specs, you will have a rediculously unfair weapon in a game.
Smokin LOU has seen this weapon in action, he watched a three story building turn into a pile of rubble in a brief minute and a half or so of continuous fire from an APC mounted and carriage mounted duo. There was no need to check the building to see if it was 'CLEAR'.
It might be fun to play with the round types and give you folks both an arm piercing and high explosive round just to mix things up a little.

------------------
Echoes from the Void
=
You can kill them, but you cannot make them surrender
-
http://www.vordesigns.com

IP:

Rex R
posted October 15, 2002 01:11 AM            
I was one of those who commented on the sound, I also (IIRC) mentioned that it was unlikely that one could get a 'true to life' effect from this game (or anygame for that matter) and that this was prolly as close as we would likely get. agreed 6000rd.s per minute would be would be a tad unbalanced. though a mini-gun might work...

IP:

KiLlEr
posted October 15, 2002 09:36 AM            
WEll, you COuld change it to say "Live long and prosper!" when you fire it :P

sorry couldn't resist

IP:

Niimaur
posted October 15, 2002 10:31 AM         
Can I help you with your coat, KiLlEr?

------------------

Niimaur aka Nim - Dwarf

IP:

KiLlEr
posted October 15, 2002 11:52 AM            
Sure! Just don't make the buckles TOO tight.

IP:

Karldar
posted October 17, 2002 12:46 AM            
Hey, Vor-since the ROF is lower on this version, wouldn't it be more "realistic" to slow down the sound file? Just a thought....

------------------
I like pie, but I LOVE TM!

IP:

VorDesigns
posted December 02, 2002 02:59 AM            
Since I had to drop the RPM, I upped the DPH, best to avoid a confrontation with one.

IP: