|
Author Topic:   Meteo Weapon Complete
bFusion
posted October 09, 2002 09:45 PM            
If you've been following this thread, I finnaly finished the Meteo Spell. I used your suggestion and took the book model from the objects directory. I don't know any spell books that use spiral binders, but that's a minor detail. Here are a few screenies from the game with Meteo in action:

You may download the mod here: Meteo.zip (81.3k)

This is my first (public) mod, so please let me know what you think of it, I would really love to hear your opinions. I plan on doing several more 'spells' just because it's fun. Also, I'm aware that there are lots of mods that do this already, I'm just creating these to learn how to create them

Anyway, let me know what you think, I'd really appreciate it!

IP:

Rex R
posted October 10, 2002 03:29 AM            
um you might want to use the line
'scalematrix = x, y, z' in your weapon ent(just down a line or 2 from the mesh call) at a guess I'ld say x = 0.75, y = 0.5, z = 1.0 to resize the book

[This message has been edited by Rex R (edited October 10, 2002).]

IP:

coaxs
posted October 10, 2002 04:17 AM            
I have it installed but haven't played yet. There seems to be a couple of just style errors, I would reccommend downloading Swisher's Entegrity check just so for your future mods can be pre-screened. The link to Swisher's app is at my site.

I'm looking forward to playing with it though, the graphics look really cool. Just to late for me to do anything but type this.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

Random Chaos
posted October 10, 2002 10:16 AM            
When you get this thing 100% done, send me an e-mail with it in it, a screenshot at 240x180, and a 10 word or so description.

I'll post it on my site then

I just want to make sure you aren't making any more changes before putting it up

------------------
Random Chaos

Admin for the EliteHunters.com: Tread Marks
Member of the GROPOS mod team
Member of Clan Temporal Chaos and the Mining Guild
randomc@treadmarks.cjb.net

IP:

bFusion
posted October 10, 2002 03:17 PM            
Coaxs, what exactly do you mean with style errors? I organize my ENT files differently just for ease of use. It doesn't matter where the ENT files are located within the 'Entities' folder, as long as they are within it.

The way I organize them is In the 'AddOns/Entities' folder I create another subfolder containins what exactly the item is (Meteo, 240mm, etc), and then within that I place the multiple folders (Projectile, Explo, Weapon, etc.) That way, if I wanted to get rid of an item quick without having to rag through all the different folders, I just move or delete the single folder that contains the weapon.

This is how I understand Tread Marks compiles ENT files:

1) Tread Marks is loaded.
2) Tread Marks looks through the AddOns/Entity folder and compiles a list of all the ENT files and their names within.
3) Tread Marks looks at the class of the ENT file and sorts it accordingly in it's own database.

I have come across no problems in this way of organizing thus far (well, except for re-organizing mods I download . Sure, the ENTegrety program yells at me a lot about the lack of appropriate file structure, but the mod itself works just fine.

If I'm wrong about any of this, someone please correct me.

Rex, I'll look into resizing the book, I don't want the stretch and distort the textures on it too much (my wonderful home-made drawrings , but I'll give it a try.

(EDIT: Coax, cool site by the way, neat Flash work. I work a lot in Flash, if you ever need some work done, let me know and I'd be glad to help you out . Rex, I did the scaling thing and it seemed to of made a better effect, thanks for the tip. Random, I'll let you know when it's done, pretty soon, I think.)

[This message has been edited by bFusion (edited October 10, 2002).]

IP:

coaxs
posted October 10, 2002 03:26 PM            
Your logic is flawless.

Just wanted to make sure you knew what you were doing. You have a very efficient design.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

bFusion
posted October 10, 2002 04:05 PM            
Okay, I think it's all done, you can download it here: Meteo.zip (81.3k)

Random, I'll send you a image soon, I'm just uber busy today, let me know what you think!

[This message has been edited by bFusion (edited October 10, 2002).]

IP:

bFusion
posted October 11, 2002 12:03 AM            
Okay, I'm an idiot. This is the final FINAL version. The rune I used in the texture as the cover of the book was wrong; The rune I used (an angular C) meant fire, but more of a cozy, protective harth kind of fire. I don't want a rune of protection on a destructive weapon :P. So I changed it to a rune of more uncontrolable force and energy.

Sure, I'm just getting caught up in the details, but if I'm gonna do something, I'm gonna do it right darnit! If you downloaded the mod already and are too lazy to click twice to get it again, the mod should work just the same. You'll just see a different texture.

See what I get when I do something without research? My girlfriend beats me over the head that I get one tiny rune wrong, tsk tsk! Download here: Meteo.zip (80.7k)

Enjoy! Let me know what you think, bFusion@ravynsdomain.com . Happy fraggin'

IP:

Rex R
posted October 11, 2002 01:25 AM            
nother tip fer ya. if you look at some of the flags in the master flag pak (national flags) you will note that a) they all use a square texture and b) they are not square when viewed ingame (when attached to a tank). we used ScaleMatrix to 'distort' the flag mesh so as to match the proper shape (3 x 5 for example) then took the texture and did a resize and distorted them the other direction so that when the texture was applied to the flag it would look right. (then lda popped up with a new flag mesh )

IP:

Random Chaos
posted October 12, 2002 08:35 PM            
Hosted on my site now

------------------
Random Chaos

Admin for the EliteHunters.com: Tread Marks
Member of the GROPOS mod team
Member of Clan Temporal Chaos and the Mining Guild
randomc@treadmarks.cjb.net

IP: