|
Author Topic:   Master mod packs
KONG
posted September 08, 2002 11:33 PM            
OK, here goes...

Rex R's recent post gave me a little idea. I have setup an area on my server where the master mod packs can be updated and edited ONLINE. Yes, you heard me correctly online. This will only be available to modders who have items that are already included in the master mod packs.

Any persons interested in using this umm, thing please contact me for login info.

uploads, downloads, and file editing are available through your browser....

------------------
UGotDaNuke

IP:

Rex R
posted September 09, 2002 04:05 AM            
sounds like it may be a good idea. though hopefully I wont have to use it (idea being that hopefully I wont find anymore mistakes...yeah I know when (insert land animal of choice here)fly) my understanding was the 'master paks' were to remain static (barring possible fixes for oopsies) and further modifications to those weapons were the relm of server paks, and when 5 or more new ones showed up then update. in any event let me make the point. ALL MODS SHOULD BE ERROR FREE to the extent that the game shows no errors. calling the wrong textures etc(those that are present, not missing) may look/sound bad but, are not considered as errors by tm. ditto overkill damage and weight. I'ld rather not go back to having to fix mods because the author(s) didn't cath them (for what ever reason) just to play them. dang where did that soapbox come from? (kicks it back under the table) sorry buggy mods are an issue to me

IP:

KONG
posted September 09, 2002 08:39 AM            
The main reason I did this was to allow ppl to add new mods to the master packs as well as fix existing mods.

After say 2 months I could rezip the mods for distribution..

Makes it easier to update the packs because I am not gonna hunt down files like Kevlar did.

------------------
UGotDaNuke

IP: