|
Author Topic:   Creating spawn points in relation to # of players
Blue n Gold Sue
posted September 01, 2002 02:52 AM            
666 is too shy to ask this question, so I am doing it for him. Is there a way to have TM automatically adjust the number of spawn points depending upon the number of players in a game? With only 10 players there is not such a large need for spawn points, but in a major clan battle, with 30 players, then the need exists for far MORE spawn points. Is it possible to do?

IP:

Rex R
posted September 01, 2002 03:25 AM            
mind you this is only an uninformed guess, but I kinda doubt it

IP:

Sage
posted September 01, 2002 02:10 PM            
No and Yes.

You "can't" have TM Automatically adjust the number of spawn points........But if you wan't to take the time, you can copy each map and edit it by adding more SP(spawn points). So when you have a DDM for instance, you can use the edited map instead of the origanal with more spawn points. An then, use the origanal map for your everyday battles. But, this would take alot of time and preparing, plus, everyone would need these edited maps. Not only this, but it doesn't neccesarily(spelled right?, I don't know) mean that you "won't" spawn next to someone..... if this is what your asking. But the chances are........ about the same considering that a player can be anywhere on the map at any given time.

Wow, I think I actually sound smart, or is it because I'm writting really fast and listening to Korn and the same time. He he hahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahashahah, Batman has returned and Is very happy about the candy cane man............ To be continued............

------------------
It is smart to learn from a wise man.
It is wise to learn from a fool.

IP:

Random Chaos
posted September 01, 2002 03:11 PM            
What!? Sage sounding smart!?

Anyway, back to the question. No way to do this in game. Spawn points get processed at the start of the game and any spawn points that get added in game will remain unused (yes, it is possible to have a projectile explode into a spawn point, however it is impossible to have the spawn point work).

--RC

IP: