Author Topic:   Projectiles
KingTiger
posted August 01, 2002 10:02 PM            
how can i put them on my map?

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted August 01, 2002 10:44 PM            
I assume you mean weapons. If you are working in TMapper then you simply add course:: stdcheckpoint by using the w/p blue selection object on the Entities page of TMapper and and then clicking the left mouse button at the location you want them to show up on your map. Hope that is what you are looking for.

------------------
May you always have a following Sea and the comfort of those you hold nearest to your heart.
TreadMaps

IP:

KingTiger
posted August 01, 2002 11:43 PM            
no Projectiles not weapons

IP:

Vlad
posted August 02, 2002 12:27 AM            
You mean something that shoots projectiles? Like on the Volcano and Armaggedon maps?

You need to learn how to use Spewers. Poke around in the Entities folder. All those .ent files can be edited with Notepad.

IP:

KingTiger
posted August 02, 2002 12:43 AM            
NO! NO! No! Now uv made me mad i qouit!

IP:

wolfman
posted August 02, 2002 04:17 AM            
Don't quit. Deep Breath and focusss. Know it can get frustrating. Generally on the maps you can get the ammo, weapons, and health [anyone please correct me if I hose this up ]. I have also seen people put in spewers - flames etc So when asking about ammo most people - 99.99999 lol will assume you are asking about one of these. If you are asking for something totally different just specify a little bit more exactly what you are hoping to add. Projectiles - are you wanting to add a powerup with just a specific type of ammo - i.e. for the Tank Destroyer, and another one for the Independence tank etc. You have done some really cool things so keep on going. Since this is a bbs people try to make assumptions in order to speed things up - i.e. when you were asking for "projectiles" - oh, he must mean ammo or weapons spawn points etc. I know I did to an extent since I have never seen ammo specific spawn points. Hope this helped JT

------------------
Anarchists of the world unite and organize ;) And you too can be a militant pacifist!

IP:

KiLlEr
posted August 02, 2002 09:11 AM            
Take a look at the boomstickville map for one method. I used a dummy one subminiature triangle and place it on a map as a mesh. Then used the mesh's entity chain to put whatever I want. You could just place projectiles on the map exactly like you would a course or mesh, but the limitation of that is you cannot change the class (or type) of the entity later on if you want to switch it to, for example, a spewer without reloading and modifying all the instances of them on the map.

The Firehydrant and mailboxes on the boomstickville map are projectiles done using the kludge poly and an entoty chain.

[This message has been edited by KiLlEr (edited August 02, 2002).]

IP: