|
Author Topic:   Green is good - check it out!
Sailor
Administrator
posted July 25, 2002 08:09 PM            
Not enough green in the maps so Kong and I created two new maps DM Green Grass of Home (Kong) where you can get your feet wet in the morning dew on the grass and Antares 5 where you can get your feet wet in the morning dew (do they have that on Antares 5?) of the green grass under the green sky and clouds (yes it is a different planet so not a yellow sun and blue sky). Go check it out on TMMmaps. Oh yes and let us know if you like or dislike them - we like feedback either way.

------------------
May you always have a following Sea and the comfort of those you hold nearest to your heart.
TreadMaps

IP:

Paranor
posted July 26, 2002 02:45 AM            
corrupt zip file

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted July 26, 2002 12:01 PM            
http://www.topcities.com/docs/errors/404.htm

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted July 26, 2002 08:04 PM            
Par I just downloaded both of the maps and opened them in Winzip and had not problem with the files. Try to download them again.
Matrix - I don't know what to say but get a browser or connection that works. LOL I never have a problem connecting and you are the only person reporting this problem consistently. If I can help by sending the files to you somehow then let me know. I will do my best.

------------------
May you always have a following Sea and the comfort of those you hold nearest to your heart.
TreadMaps

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted July 26, 2002 10:53 PM            
Dunno what to tell ya Sailor - i ron they are biased against transatlantic cable access lol.... for what its worth i have no probs accessing kongs filestorage area.

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted July 27, 2002 09:44 PM            
Normally a 404 error is either truly a page is not there or a timeout issue. It could be a timeout issue for you with topcities. The maps are stored on Kong's storage space so getting to them would not be the issue. Try varying your timeout settings and see if it solves anything.

------------------
TreadMaps

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted July 29, 2002 07:19 AM            
I cant find any timeout setting, and theres no reference to it in the help files. strange. Still if they are help on Kongs site, can I be given the direct url's and ill link in that way. Or failing that it could be assigned a filetap.com like dmf ? - just a thought.

IP:

KiLlEr
posted July 29, 2002 09:25 AM            
There may be something upstream of kong's server thats causing the problem. AoD's forums are on kong's server, and I get 404's at random intervals. After running ping, I noticed packets getting lost at the rate of 20%. A trace revieled an interesting tidbit. I had 16 hops to the server, up until I reached #13 I was getting <90ms. Then I hit San Francisco, 190ms. Pings got worse after that. Kong's server weighed in at over 300ms. Granted I'm on the opposite side of the US (Long Island, New York), The initial California node I hit was 10 hops away. 10, 11, and 12 were Califonia servers and they registered at <100ms. I ran these tests at 2:30am EDT. So we can assume it's much worse during the day.

IP:

KONG
posted July 29, 2002 11:32 AM            
nt

[This message has been edited by KONG (edited July 29, 2002).]

IP:

KONG
posted July 29, 2002 11:51 AM            
nt

[This message has been edited by KONG (edited July 29, 2002).]

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted July 29, 2002 05:59 PM            
Matrix - I cannot give you permission to link directly into Kong's servers. That would have to come from him and I do not speak for him. Topcities is where I store my html code which links to where the files are. If you cannot get to Topcities then you might run a test like Killer and see what the hop rate is and how many hops you are making. Let us know what the results are and we can see what can be done.

------------------
TreadMaps

IP:

Random Chaos
posted July 30, 2002 02:17 PM            
PURPLE!!!

(come on A2597, join me )

[This message has been edited by Random Chaos (edited July 30, 2002).]

IP:

Random Chaos
posted July 30, 2002 02:20 PM            
BTW - a 404 can also be caused by bad DNS entries and/or routing errors between you and the server.

IP:

A2597
posted August 01, 2002 11:29 PM            
Nawwww...
GREEN is so much better!

Although, PURPLE is kidna nice at times...

------------------
### Hi, I'm a sig virus. Please add me to the end of your signature so I can take over the world. ### - Caught from excaliber @ B5mg.com

Flying Tanks and Cookie Dough?
Oh, wait, no. If tanks were ment to fly they would have been born with little bags of salted peanuts.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted August 03, 2002 05:35 AM            
I get 356ms @ 10:30am GMT across 19 server hops.

Hop 13 at newyork.level3.net introduces 10% loss and a ping increase of 100ms.
http://tmmaps.topcities.com/ becomes an unresolvable DNS on the 2nd attempt. Adjusting the timout settings did not help.

Tried going via 2 different proxy server programs too. Looks like im gonna have to look to other solutions.

Thx anyway guys.

IP: