|
Author Topic:   New tank to be released...
BamZipPow
posted July 08, 2002 09:03 AM            
Okay...

This will be my first tank that I built from scratch. It still needs a decent skin but the ent and mesh are done. Need someone to try it out on my server. You know the deal...email/AIM/ICQ me for the tank. It's the King Tiger tank from WWII.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted July 08, 2002 10:12 AM            
Who better a judge than DNX (TBI)-King Tiger

IP:

=DNX=killa
posted July 08, 2002 01:43 PM            
you can make tanks? how?

killa

IP:

coaxs
posted July 08, 2002 01:57 PM            
go to http://www.dmf.filetap.com/ in the tools section download a program called "LithUnwrap 1.3" and then just play around with it for a while. Open up LDA tank and weapon files, or get ICQ and find Bam on-line and insist he gives you a 10minute lesson since your an admin... wait thats what I did.

Anyways I'll just volunteer Bam but there is a forum for tank making here http://qersys.ath.cx/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=tank

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

=DNX=killa
posted July 08, 2002 02:19 PM            
i singed up butt the link you sent still won t let me in

killa

IP:

coaxs
posted July 08, 2002 02:25 PM            
can you go here? http://qersys.ath.cx/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

=DNX=killa
posted July 08, 2002 02:29 PM            
yeah butt thats about it

IP:

Jim Nasium
posted July 08, 2002 03:19 PM            

If you're [still] looking for wild skins for your new tank you can go look around in my site and pick a piece of my art that ya like, and that you think might work for your new tank... just a thought.
Jim Nasium www.gymart.com

IP:

Jim Nasium
posted July 08, 2002 03:31 PM            
Ok
I found the link for "tools" at http://www.dmf.filetap.com/ and I am downloading "LithUnwrap 1.3" as I type...
Thank You for the link.

I'm always up for playing with new software and have been wanting to give my Tread Marks Tanks GymArt skins for awhile now...
I do hope this is the right tool for that...

I wonder what you know about this tool? With this tool can I take any tank and unwrap it? and re wrap it?

What can you tell me about this tool? Ultimate Unwrap3D is the ultimate Windows tool for unwrapping 3D models

IP:

coaxs
posted July 08, 2002 04:06 PM            
Welcome aboard Jim

Killa: register and sign in.?

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

Teulk
posted July 08, 2002 09:12 PM            
Nice handle " Jim"

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted July 08, 2002 10:02 PM            
Welcome Jim, hey nice art, wierd and kinda ghostly, but nice.

IP:

Jim Nasium
posted July 10, 2002 01:25 PM            

re: Welcome Jim, hey nice art, wierd and kinda ghostly, but nice.

==> Thank you for the welcome and thank you for going to my web site to check out my work: I like to call my art surreal, surreal computer art.

I'm having fun here on this BB learning tricks to improve my copy of TM's [downloading add ons etc etc] and my goal is to learn how to change skins on the tanks, so I can use my GymArt for skins ;-)

I also want to make a special GymArt tank that I'll use to play with but fiorst things first, right now I need to figure out how to change the skins...

On another thread of this BB I have found the right software and downloaded it, and have learnt to open a tank in the software but that's as far as I got and I am trying to find out exactly how to delete the scrolling text I get at the bottom of my screen when I play TM's... you know the text that tells ya so and so killed so and so with a this or that and which MP3 is playing in the background: IF you know how to remove that I'd be happy to hear how you do it...

I read somewhere on another thread that some guy has done it, but so far he hasn't replied to my request for him to share his approach...

this is that thread /forums/archive/ubb/Forum9/HTML/000336.html
re:
I know how to remove text from the hud like the press fire message, through the lines.txt.
==> Will you PLEASE share what you did to remove that with all of us please [well with me] I too would like to remoce that message...

re:
I have also removed the so-and-so destroyed so-and-so with a whatever. Because this is not important while filming.

==> I have been asking around on this message board, in other subject threads for the answer to "How Do You Do That" and would love it if you would be kind enough to take time to explain to me, and all who reads it, just how you went about removing the so and so killed so and so scrolling text from the game...?

Please... ?

IP:

Jim Nasium
posted July 10, 2002 01:29 PM            
re:
Nice handle " Jim

==> Jim Nasium is my pen name... I sign my poetry with Jim Nasium and I'm known is some art circles as Jim Nasium, but that's not my real name... since I use Jim Nasium [gymnasium] as my pen name is seemed only fitting to use GymArt as a name for my surreal computer art, and so I did...

what'a you know about removing the scrolling text from the bottom of the screen when your playing a game of TM's? you know, the scrolling text that tells ya so and so killed so and so with a this or that, and also what MP3 is playing... I'd like to stop that feature from working, and wonder if you may know how to do that?
thank's

IP:

wolfman
posted July 10, 2002 11:41 PM            
Awesome tank bud. Faster than I thought it would be which is really cool. JT

IP: