|
Author Topic:   Antimatterball won't pass entegrity
coaxs
posted June 02, 2002 09:52 PM            
I keep on getting an error when I run entegrity can somone send me a clean copy. Who did it?

IP:

Vlad
posted June 02, 2002 10:40 PM            
I'm guessing you're referring to the file Weapon/Antimatterball.ent

That's one of mine, and not actually a weapon in itself. It's a mesh used by the Annihilator (the weapon file is Weapon/Antimatter.ent). ENTegrity produces two warnings, but neither one applies (the Weapon class CAN use "fade", and it has trouble finding Antimatterball.ent due to it being in the weapon folder).

Now before anybody complains (somebody's bound to), check out the Ramdrill. The bit's ent is sitting in the Weapon folder, just like the Antimatterball ent. Just run ENTegrity on Antimatter.ent (the main weapon file) and it'll be fine .

If you still want a clean ver of the weapon:
http://members.bellatlantic.net/~vze26xhe/Treadmarks/Annihilator.zip

IP:

swisher
posted June 02, 2002 11:49 PM            
Yeah. The reason ENTegrety complains is that he wants it in the proper folder. ENTegrety attempts to enforce structure as much as anything else. Future modders will have a much easier time finding files in folders where they're expected (weapon in \weapon, explo in \explo and so on).

Warnings in ENTegrety are just that -- warnings. If a mod has ONLY warnings (i.e., zero ERRORS), ENTegrety will offer to zip the file for distribution.

------------------
Swisher - Check out ENTegrety for mods.
BWL/MG

IP:

coaxs
posted June 03, 2002 01:01 AM            
It didn't give me a warning. It created an error in ENTegrity and had to reload it 3 times. Thanks for letting me know how it works Vlad, much appreciated. And thanks for making the great program Swisher

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

Vlad
posted June 03, 2002 08:55 AM            
Well, it probably gave you some warnings because Antimatterball.ent isn't what ENTegrity needs to look at. ENTegrity needs to look at a Weapon file, and even though Antimatterball.ent is in the Weapon folder, it isn't a Weapon file. To check what type an ent is, just open the ent file with a text editor and look at what it says under "type ="

IP:

coaxs
posted June 04, 2002 05:34 PM            
The copy you provided is the exact copy in the Master_Pack. The problem seemed to be the folder, I installed the mod in a clean TM folder and ENTegity had no problems with it.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

[This message has been edited by coaxs (edited June 04, 2002).]

IP: