|
Author Topic:   Just got back...
BamZipPow
posted June 02, 2002 04:12 AM            
Dang...disappear for awhile and everything goes...well..you know.

But all is not for naught! I've got 15 new tanks to release upon some unsuspecting folks to test. Yes, you read it correctly! 15 new tanks! These are all based on the tanks that LDA made but no one else has put into play... 2 liquids and 13 steel.

Let me know if you want to play with them... First 5 gets...

IP:

Vlad
posted June 02, 2002 01:01 PM            
Mememe

IP:

BamZipPow
posted June 02, 2002 02:26 PM            
I'm sure that you'll find that these tanks are pretty wicked.

Since LDA didn't include/do the LUV files for them, the only way to make them SSO would be to make them liquid tanks? Also, I fixed some of the pollies on some models that were a bit fuxored up so my models aren't exactly the same as LDA's anymore.

Oh...I forgot to mention that the total zipped up pack is about 244k! Almost all the tanks are less than 300 pollies..

[This message has been edited by BamZipPow (edited June 02, 2002).]

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted June 02, 2002 03:41 PM            
Throw a copy my way and I will test them BZP. I enjoy checking new stuff.

------------------
May you always have a following Sea and the comfort of those you hold nearest to your heart.
TMMaps

IP:

coaxs
posted June 02, 2002 03:46 PM            
I remember Rex_R releasing LDA unused tanks once?

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

BamZipPow
posted June 02, 2002 05:00 PM            
Yep! Think he pulled up about 6 tanks.

Tank 7 - Elf
Tank 8 - Halftrack
Tank 10 - Rocker
Nort1 - Liquid Eagle
JimM1 - JimM1
8ball - Liquid 8Ball

Mine will cover:
Tank 1, 3, 6, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 20, 21, 22, 24, W, Liquid 1 and 2.

Tank 4 was made into Arlo by King Tiger.

Will email you a copy Sailor...

IP:

wolfman
posted June 02, 2002 05:27 PM            
Please please please please (jumps up and down like a small child hyped up on 10 pounds of sugar lol). shadowwolf69@hotmail.com or if too large for them spazman769@yahoo.com Thanks JT

IP:

BamZipPow
posted June 03, 2002 01:11 PM            
Tanks 2 and 5 are still up for grabs. Of the two, tank 5 has the most promise. I worked on it but forgot to include it into the pack. Tank 2 is a lost cause for me.

I also fixed the target board mesh and will be releasing that and a whole bunch of other stuff soon so you can stick them on maps as statues or obsticles.

IP:

wolfman
posted June 03, 2002 08:20 PM            
WOW and FUN lol Lionheart, Windsor, Bullpup and Barracus are my favorites so far. Had a blast. Especially loved the mobility of Lionheart, especially on rough terrain. Very cool and I don't think I have tried them all yet - only 10 or so so far. Will have to try the Liquids too. Big Thumbs Up.
"Forgot to add Ripper - little cool tank woo hooo lol" JT

[This message has been edited by wolfman (edited June 03, 2002).]

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted June 04, 2002 12:52 PM            
Been checking those tanks and so far they look pretty good. Could use some tread views on a couple, but overall they are good with the camoflauge textures (several options BZP added). They work well in game and I enjoyed having some new ones to play with. I have to test the liquids yet, but I am getting there. More later.

------------------
May you always have a following Sea and the comfort of those you hold nearest to your heart.
TMMaps

IP:

BamZipPow
posted June 13, 2002 05:01 AM            
Haven't heard anymore about the "Missing 15" tanks. Would really like to get these release to the public so they can play with them.

At least give me some feedback on the 2 liquids (Fire and Mayhem). They don't really need anything special for them to work with.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted June 13, 2002 07:57 AM            
Dont worry about it BZP, Jim likes to take his time with such things - give it a couple of weeks or so .... lol.

IP:

wolfman
posted June 14, 2002 07:40 PM            
Love the tanks thus far. Have not been able to find the liquids - were not in the download I got Would like to put up a server with the tanks - let me know BZP JT

IP:

BamZipPow
posted June 15, 2002 03:33 AM            
Wolfman,

The file pack I sent you should've had the liquids in there. Look for Liquid Fire and Liquid Mayhem. You can't miss them...they're are in the liquid section near the bottom of the list.

Unless you have over 101 tanks in your TM directory in which you'll have to delete the ents for them. I would suggest Rex R's liquid pack as they were meant as an SSO pack.

IP:

BamZipPow
posted June 21, 2002 03:42 AM            
Anymore feedback? Anyone?

Okay...if that's not enough to get your attention...try this one.

I have 3 more steel tanks up for grabs. I've included it into the main pack for now. I've converted Tank 2 (Radical), Tank 5 (Butch), and Tank 26 (Brute). Think that should cover all of them now.

Tank 2 (Radical) is steel's 1st response to the liquids and their low profile. This was before they reengineered their systems and created Tank 3 (Ripper).

Tank 5 (Butch) is a simple 3 barrel killing machine. It has extra weights up front to help guide it when making high jumps in the air.

Tank 26 (Brute) is a bigger, more advanced brother of Tank 25 (Dwarf). He's got 4 sets of treads vs his sibling's 3 treads.

Email/ICQ/AIM me to evaluate the current pack. You'll need it to play on my test server.

IP:

BamZipPow
posted June 22, 2002 01:40 AM            
Looks like Radical was just a bit too big. What do you guys think? I'm going to drop the scale down to .8 on the server.

It might make it too zippy and fast. Let me know...

IP:

BamZipPow
posted June 22, 2002 07:07 AM            
Okay..another quick update.

Guess the acceleration of Radical was too high. Changed it from 35 to 25. The other tanks are set for 20.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted June 24, 2002 08:35 PM            
On the whole i like the current settings, makes for good variation. Damn nice work

IP: