|
Author Topic:   tanks, weapons, etc etc
[AoD] Ban Sach
posted June 01, 2002 02:56 PM            
ok ive looked at all these programs that you guys keep talking about...and either im stupid or something cause i just dont get it im more confused now then when i started rofl come on people i wanna make my own tank and am asking for specific help here dammit lol COME ON!!!

Ban

IP:

Rex R
posted June 01, 2002 03:54 PM            
you will need a 3d modeling program that can save/export your tank mesh in a .3ds format. if you have Q's about using a 3d modeling program please specify which one

IP:

Random Chaos
posted June 03, 2002 04:35 PM            
Format is .LWO not .3DS

IP:

[AoD] Ban Sach
posted June 04, 2002 07:02 PM            
ok i think i may have to give up on the tank and map modding for now as i cant even begin to understand the graphics programs involved in making them so i will leave it to the pro's for now till im not so naive enough to understand them

Ban

IP:

coaxs
posted June 04, 2002 09:21 PM            
Ban making maps is so easy. Go to www.treadmarks.de download the TMapper. Open up some other maps with the prgram,get a feel for how it works. And in no time you'll be making maps. Can always ask Matrix for any more help.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

KONG
posted June 04, 2002 10:31 PM            
http://kongtm.netfirms.com/heightmaps/heightmaps.htm

that may help a bit

IP:

KONG
posted June 04, 2002 10:32 PM            
sry

[This message has been edited by KONG (edited June 04, 2002).]

IP:

[AoD] Ban Sach
posted June 04, 2002 10:38 PM            
ty guys ill look into it

Ban

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted June 04, 2002 10:49 PM            
If you want to try GMAX and use the tutorials to help you get a start into understanding 3D development for tanks and meshes. http://www.discreet.com/products/gmax/ that might help get you going. It is a freeware program and is featured in the utilities on DNX's site.

------------------
May you always have a following Sea and the comfort of those you hold nearest to your heart.
TMMaps

IP:

[AoD] Ban Sach
posted June 07, 2002 03:21 PM            
ok i guess what i need is a step by step tutorial on what to do and how to do it and when to do it on making tanks first then maps (well think maps would be easier but i want my tank first)

Ban

IP:

Rex R
posted June 08, 2002 02:20 AM            
in making tanks/learning 3d modeling the 1st step is generally learning how to make a box, then making 2 more boxes and attaching them to the sides of the 1st box(clone/mirror is usually your best bet for the 2 side boxes). this with a little manipulation can be the basis for your 1st tank hull. the turret can be considered as a box with a little box stuck on the side.

IP: