|
Author Topic:   DNX Blandy - Proudly Presents ((( TMEDB )))
=DNX= Matrix
posted May 19, 2002 10:10 PM            
Tread Marks Entity Database, (TMEDB). OK, I don't know what you'll think of it? Basically all it does is builds a rather large database, (depending on how many entity files you have), and from there, when you click on them, it will open up the entity and gather information about other entity files that are linked to it and then add them to the TreeView. From this you can enable /disable entities, (Enable / disable feature only works with weapon entities and tanks), view / edit entities with a simple text editor. Pritty simple really but I do find it handy. Let me know what you think and it is the first version so updates may follow.

Treadmarks Entity Database Program

Visit my Site : DNX BLANDY's

blandy@ukgateway.net

IP:

BamZipPow
posted May 19, 2002 10:24 PM            
Coolness Blandy! Thanks much!

IP:

BamZipPow
posted May 20, 2002 12:22 AM            
Things to watch out for when installing/running this program.

You can install it anywhere you want but you'll have to point it to your TM root. The program may put the treadmarks.exe into the "Game Path". If it does, you'll need to edit that out and press refresh.

To build your database, you'll can left or right click the "Tread Marks Entity Database" icon at the bottom left window. It should then build a database based on your installed entities.

If you right click any icon, and select "Refresh" you will reset your database. You'll have to left/right click it again to rebuild it.

By expanding the directories listed in the database and clicking on any of the entities, it will present you with a + sign for each entity that is expandable.

With that, you'll be able to see all the entities associated with that particular entity. This is a great way to chase down what entities go with what.

Hope this helps you do what you do...

[This message has been edited by BamZipPow (edited May 20, 2002).]

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted May 21, 2002 08:28 PM            
First update is out - a few errors fixed, a few more left to be fixed plus a help section needs doing yet.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted May 25, 2002 04:16 AM            
heheh 2 more bugs fixed and a small help section is evident - new download - off u toddle

What freeks me is the version number is still 1.0 LOL oh well ..... it works well and saves me a shedload of time.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted May 30, 2002 12:28 AM            
Updated today - the new version features a search function to find those hard to discover ents as well as a "whats this" for commnds and a basic command spellchecker.

Oh and theres a few more commands supported that arnt in the current eek

If anyone with a high knowledge of ents would like to assist in the development of this tool plz contact me.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted June 03, 2002 09:35 PM            
ver 1.4 is out now - better design, functionality and search rusults in a window instead of having to press F3 to skip to the next one. Next upgrade will have more control over stock ents.

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted June 04, 2002 12:48 PM            
Got the new copy 1.4 version and it rocks. Nice interface and gives you an easy way to determine if you have errors in the ent file. Good work Blandy - keep it up. It gets better with every iteration. Now this is what the community should be doing - I like it.

------------------
May you always have a following Sea and the comfort of those you hold nearest to your heart.
TMMaps

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted June 04, 2002 02:05 PM            
It gets better, 1.5 just went online with a stock map enable/disable function - more innovations on the way soon inc more tank, weapon and edit capabilities inc the absolute largest most upto date EEK dababase yet available

[This message has been edited by =DNX= Matrix (edited June 04, 2002).]

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted June 04, 2002 02:19 PM            
Here I was with the newest and now I am behind again - LOL. Gotta get the newest and check it out. Well as soon as I get home this evening that is.

------------------
May you always have a following Sea and the comfort of those you hold nearest to your heart.
TMMaps

IP:

coaxs
posted June 04, 2002 09:35 PM            
The search feature is un-clickable. Is there anytime the search field becomes clickable

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted June 05, 2002 01:32 AM            
yes, click on an ent - any ent - in the left window - right click and choose SEARCH - a menu at the top lets you decide weather u want it all displayed in the right window or if you want to go one search/find at a time in step by pressing f3

IP: