|
Author Topic:   Tread Edit 1.2...
BamZipPow
posted May 14, 2002 06:50 PM            
Just got this wonderful program to work. Seems that you need to edit the tmesetting.tme file and have it point to your main TM directory.

The file path that it is pointing to is C:\Program Files\Tread Marks.

Pretty cool if you want to start modding your files. Don't forget to make backups! before editing!

You should be able to download it from http://www.geocities.com/tm_editor/tme.htm

Have fun...

[This message has been edited by BamZipPow (edited May 14, 2002).]

IP:

wolfman
posted May 14, 2002 08:12 PM            
Hey
Wondering if you could put in specifically what that line should read - i.e. the corrected version typed out like the one you typed in that was in error. Don't know if I made any sense just now = but hope so. LOL Appreciate any help. Thanks. JT

IP:

wolfman
posted May 14, 2002 08:12 PM            
PS
lol Also, what sequence do the 3 downloads need to be opened in etc etc. Thanks. JT

IP:

BamZipPow
posted May 14, 2002 08:52 PM            
Okay...

I would recommend just getting the setup file version.

After it installs, go to C:\Program Files\Tread Edit and edit the tmesettings.tme file. You want to change the line:
FilePath=C:\Program Files\Tread Marks

to read:
FilePath=C:\Program Files\Tread Marks 1.5
or where ever you have installed your TM to.

If you don't, it will give you errors all day long. Have fun experimenting!!

Great program Chuck! Hope you comeback and play TM again...

[This message has been edited by BamZipPow (edited May 14, 2002).]

IP:

Kevlar
posted May 14, 2002 09:36 PM            
Hey Bam, seems me and you had similar idea's.

I downloaded this a couple weeks ago and figured out about that file, the one that needs the path changed.

But the one thing I was wondering, is if the program might be changed to edit only ents in the Addons folder, instead of the root of TM. So that modders could use it to edit non-stock ents without the need for a text editor.

The program would need to have some more command fields added. But I just thought that would be cool.

As is, it edits only your stock ents, if I was not mistaken. (I believe VB source was included)

------------------
TM-Central

IP:

BamZipPow
posted May 14, 2002 10:48 PM            
This program does have a ton of potential for modding ents...

The only way I've found to use this program to edit non-stock stuff is to add them to the stock directories... Not a great choice but a choice never the less. True, it could use additional fields to add some of the things we've discovered or has been added since the TM version this was written for.

Since I'm not a VB expert by a long shot, I wouldn't know the first place to start at modifying the scripts. Looking at the VB script sources, it does look possible to modify it. Does anyone want to take a crack at this? I guess we could just ask Chuck to work on it again if he has the time to do it...

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted May 14, 2002 11:03 PM            
We got a VB coder in DNX - Blandy - perhaps he can do something with it, maybe even expand and incorporate it in his new tm program (SECRET 4 NOW) Shhhhh lol.

IP: