|
Author Topic:   New Treadmaps look
Sailor
Administrator
posted May 07, 2002 08:13 PM            
If you only go to TMMaps to look at maps you should drop by http://tmmaps.tripod.com/ the Treadmaps site (portal to TMMaps) the look has changed just a bit. Check it out if you get a chance.

------------------
May you always have a following Sea and the comfort of those you hold nearest to your heart.
TMMaps

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted May 07, 2002 09:58 PM            
very nice what did you use for the background on the first page?

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted May 07, 2002 11:07 PM            
I used a texture generating program (you know the one).

------------------
May you always have a following Sea and the comfort of those you hold nearest to your heart.
TMMaps

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted May 07, 2002 11:11 PM            
I like the green and wanted to change from the red - it was getting old.

------------------
TMMaps

[This message has been edited by Sailor (edited May 07, 2002).]

IP:

Random Chaos
posted May 07, 2002 11:49 PM            
Hmmm...for some reason its still the old red page under Netscape...but the new one under IE - same page though...

Odd...

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted May 08, 2002 12:45 AM            
Very odd RC. I do not use netscape but the page definitely has a green background image now. IE shows it properly. Wonder what netscape is doing that is wrong. Maybe some cache issue. You might try clearing your netscape cache and see what happens.

------------------
TMMaps

IP:

Kevlar
posted May 08, 2002 12:52 PM            
In my experience with developing site for both browsers, when it comes to images it is usually a case sensative issue.

IE will display the image no matter what the case. Netscape sees the following as two different files.
Image.jpg
image.jpg

I had to redo my thumbnail generator for the game flags because of this.

In other words the file name may begin with a capital letter but the html tag may be all lower case. Netscape refuses to show the image, IE will. Also spaces in the image name cause Netscape to not show it.

------------------
TM-Central

IP:

Kevlar
posted May 08, 2002 01:03 PM            
Never mind I see the problem.

Convert the background image to a jpg.

Netscape refuses to use Microsoft proprietary bmp extension as a background. No joke.

------------------
TM-Central

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted May 08, 2002 06:52 PM            
Thanks for the information Kevlar. I will change that since it makes a difference. Stupid programmers I guess, but then again it really boils down to Microsoft against the world probably. I vote for the world!!!
I fixed it, but used a gif since that was what I was using before and no one complained. It looks as good even if it is limited to 256 colors. Hope that works better in Netscape RC.

------------------
TMMaps

[This message has been edited by Sailor (edited May 08, 2002).]

IP: