|
Author Topic:   Tread Marks Mod Picker v1.2
Mysterial
posted May 05, 2002 09:56 AM            
The newest version of my program now lets you skip the launcher completely. It also has a few minor bugfixes.

Download it here.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted May 05, 2002 10:35 AM            
Adding to DMF - good work m8

IP:

Kevlar
posted May 05, 2002 01:03 PM            
Cool!

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted May 05, 2002 10:49 PM            
Got it installed it in the base TM directory. Still does not work. Windows XP Pro.

------------------
May you always have a following Sea and the comfort of those you hold nearest to your heart.
TMMaps

IP:

Mysterial
posted May 06, 2002 07:56 AM            
Sailor, send me an email with the log file and I'll try to figure it out.

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted May 06, 2002 12:45 PM            
I would love to send you a log file with anything in it, but it records exactly nothing. Zero bytes. I do not have the faintest idea what the problem is. I have completely de-installed the previous version and after the re-install still absolutely nothing. I put it in the TM base directory and tried it. I put it in its own directory and tried it. Same results in all cases. Any other suggestions?

------------------
May you always have a following Sea and the comfort of those you hold nearest to your heart.
TMMaps

IP:

Mysterial
posted May 06, 2002 01:44 PM            
When you say it doesn't work, do you mean it fails to load at all or that it gives you an empty mod listbox? If it fails to load at all, its probably WinXP, in which case I doubt there's anything I can do, although I'll try.

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted May 06, 2002 09:11 PM            
It fails to load at all. It does generate a logfile, but it is zero bytes. If it is WinXP Pro then what is the program written in (language) and to what platform? Win95, Win98, NT or 2000. Also is it a 16 bit application or a 32 bit application? If written to a lower level operating system then it might run in a compatibility mode. Just a couple of questions and thoughts. What are your thoughts?

------------------
TMMaps

IP:

KONG
posted May 06, 2002 09:20 PM            
It works on xp-home for me. I have it outside the tm directory

------------------
KongTM

IP:

Mysterial
posted May 07, 2002 06:39 AM            
It's 32-bit, c++, but perhaps more importantly, not Microsoft's VC++ but rather mingw.

I'm not familiar with Windows XP and hopefully never will be, but if you want to try tweaking things or compatibility mode or whatever, the only dll I'm aware of that the program uses is MSVCRT.DLL, in case that helps any. I'll also look and see if the compiler or anything has been updated to improve WinXP compatibility, but I doubt it.

As for it working for KONG, that's consistent with the fact that most Win9x programs seem to work on only some installations of WinXP, regardless of hardware or software installed. AFAIK, nobody has figured out exactly why that is.

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted May 07, 2002 11:21 AM            
What registry keys do you create during your install if any. I can delete everything and clean the registry and try it again. I really would like to get it working. It would make life easier for me with so many installations of TM and the variety of testing for various setups that I do. Thanks for all the information.

------------------
TMMaps

IP:

Mysterial
posted May 07, 2002 02:29 PM            
It doesn't create any registry keys. The last selections you had are saved in "current.tmm" in your base Tread Marks folder, but that's it.

One idea to get it working: Get a Win98 version of MSVCRT.DLL, and try placing it in the folder you put the Mod Picker in. If the problem is with the WinXP version of that dll being different, that should fix it.

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted May 07, 2002 08:11 PM            
Tried the msvcrt.dll - no go. The program starts running (never shows a screen) and uses about 99% of the cpu and about 60 to 70 MB of memory for about 1 to 2 minutes and then just stops. That is all I can see.

------------------
TMMaps

[This message has been edited by Sailor (edited May 07, 2002).]

IP:

Mysterial
posted May 07, 2002 08:50 PM            
I'll take a look, but no guarantees.

IP:

wolfman
posted July 06, 2002 09:04 PM            
Wondering if anyone can send me the firing range map - thanks guys spazman769@yahoo.com jt

IP:

BamZipPow
posted July 06, 2002 09:15 PM            
Sure...I'll also send you my patch for it so you can see the textures...

IP: