|
Author Topic:   Very cool modding utilities
SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted May 01, 2002 07:29 PM            
http://www.valve-erc.com/content/?page=utilities

What really struck me was a PAK viewer and editor.If you haven't noticed almost every demo you download is in pak format.This actually allows you to extract those pak files and look at the models,sprites,..ect that they don't want you to,and import them into TM.You could do stuff like JV did in Storm......

Theres also several other utilities that look really cool and should be able to work for TM.One of them may even let you look at the 3d models without even having to run the game!

IP:

Rex R
posted May 02, 2002 01:37 AM            
pakscape lets you choose between naming your archive xxx.pak or xxx.zip(pak files are actually zip files) granted that pakscape doesn't(or didn't) give you all the options of say winzip...but last I looked pakscape was freeware

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted May 02, 2002 05:27 AM            
I thought quake and halflife tools were different to tm stuff. Ill take a look thx

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted May 02, 2002 03:50 PM            
I tried most of them and they are incompatible with TM.Thought maybe we could do something with them.If you have models from those games though you can open them with those programs and import them into TM.Thats be cool to have a Reaper from Quake running around on the map
Theres still that PAK veiwer that comes in very handy and should allow people to use things from other games.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted May 02, 2002 08:20 PM            
Good idea in theory supes ol' buddy but you cant animate vectors in tm properly (with the exception of rotate (still dont know how that devil goes up n down lol))

Heres hoping i can convince jim to allow animated meshes for tm2. The possibilities would be litterally endless.

IP: