|
Author Topic:   hyped up r-grenades; a small quibble
Rex R
posted April 25, 2002 04:27 AM            
small quibble(have not had much time to really try them out) I noticed that it uses the line 'nameid = 4' nown I realize that you'll know the difference tween them and the standard ones soon as you fire but, methinks that I would have used 'name = A hyped up grenade launcher' and 'name = "A hyped up grenade"' instead. just my .02

IP:

Kevlar
posted April 25, 2002 10:58 AM            
That's my bad. I just fixed it. I ENTegrefied it for Wolfman and I did'nt catch that, thanks. That's an easy mistake when creating weapon's from stock ent's The nameid is only used by stock weap's correct?

------------------
TM-Central

IP:

Random Chaos
posted April 25, 2002 11:22 AM            
It should be only used in stock weapons. I suspect the reason LDA switched to that was so they could have a global referenced language file to change the name for each language TM was going to be published in...

IP:

Rex R
posted April 25, 2002 12:27 PM            
while you can use nameid...you run into the problem of who else is using it which mods are installed etc. etc. since it references a text file and the weapon names are not numbered(game starts counting at 0). sounds like LDA had planned to be able to translate the game display (french and german to judge by looking at the local folder).

IP:

wolfman
posted April 25, 2002 05:10 PM            
Thank you thank you Kevlar You guys are talking way over my head. Still learing and any errors are mine and will try better next. Yeah that's it. Seriously though - appreciate the feedback and generally do learn from my mistakes the first time. Thanks JT

IP:

Rex R
posted April 26, 2002 02:34 AM            
np. we aim to please(if not damage/frag) and if you are leering at me better stop(ppl might take it the wrong way) fear not you'll most likely get better

IP:

wolfman
posted April 26, 2002 06:02 AM            
lol If others take it the wrong way they better get their minds out of the gutter. Or at least out of the lower parts of the gutter that is. lol JT

IP: