This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2  |
Author Topic:   50mm Heavy Machine Gun??
John B.
posted April 18, 2002 04:26 PM         
Been finding this gun on the Hyped Up Mods server. It is quite nice, but I can't see it. I have made some effort to find the mod files for it to no avail.

Anyone know where this puppy resides?? Or if you have it, could you send it my way, please.

jbarge@yahoo.com

IP:

BamZipPow
posted April 18, 2002 04:56 PM            
You should be able to find it at www.tm-central.com...

[This message has been edited by BamZipPow (edited April 18, 2002).]

IP:

wolfman
posted April 18, 2002 07:22 PM            
can also find it at killer's web site - don't have his url though.

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted April 18, 2002 08:35 PM            
Most websites can be found here including Killers' and Kevlar's. www.coaxs.net

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

John B.
posted April 18, 2002 09:08 PM         
OK, well maybe I'm blind. I had already been all over those sites except Killers and have installed every mods from TM-central, but don't see this weapon listed.

Not sure if Killer's site is down, but I can't connect from the link at Coax's.

Are you guy's sure it is there??

IP:

Kevlar
posted April 18, 2002 09:23 PM            
Sorry about that, thru a mix up I had the link pointed to Killer site.

All Weapons by Author

And also check the Members website section for most website, too.

------------------
TM-Central

IP:

John B.
posted April 18, 2002 11:15 PM         
Thank Kevlar,

I still can't find the "50MM HEAVY MACHINE GUN"

I have previously installed all the master packs from TM-Central. This weapon does not appear to be there.

IP:

BamZipPow
posted April 18, 2002 11:21 PM            
Send me an email and I'll return it with the 50mm.zip!

IP:

wolfman
posted April 18, 2002 11:35 PM            
It's at TM Central in the New Mods Section

IP:

Kevlar
posted April 18, 2002 11:39 PM            
Its on the page above listed under Killers weapons.

EDIT
Do you have Aol?
I have trouble getting my Aol account to see a just updated page. If you minimize and use just Internet Explorer the update shows right a way. Never us Aol I have DSL but I keep the "Bring your own accees" account for debugging its cheaper.

*** PS they are in the master packs now* **

[This message has been edited by Kevlar (edited April 18, 2002).]

[This message has been edited by Kevlar (edited April 19, 2002).]

IP:

Kevlar
posted April 19, 2002 12:16 AM            
Speaking of Mod servers and Killers weapons (Wolfman). You know what I would like to see???

A server with only one modded weapon. The ArcWelder.

This is one of the few weapons that I play around with all the time in single player. When I just dont feel like playing the servers, I go in and jack up the weight to 10000 and get after it... ArcWelders for everyone! It's a blast.

They are in the newmods too.

New Weapons

------------------
TM-Central

[This message has been edited by Kevlar (edited April 19, 2002).]

IP:

Rex R
posted April 19, 2002 01:40 AM            
not to sound ungrateful or anything but, I was under the impression that, you were going to put new weapons into the master file part deux.

IP:

Kevlar
posted April 19, 2002 07:47 AM            
Um, I will when it gets a little bigger, I assume you mean the client side pack, it's only about 7.9mb. I will probably start a seconds zip when it gets to 10 or so.

Are you referring to smaller downloads for dailups, I did at one time have an optional split version (4-zips at 1.5mb), but lack of space killed that. I could post the splits on my work server like I do the movies. That would be no problemo.

------------------
TM-Central

IP:

KiLlEr
posted April 19, 2002 10:18 AM            
Sorry about my site guys, but Cablevision keeps shutting down the port that I use. As I never had this problem running Apache on my Amiga, I can only attribute it to IIS. I'm building a Linux based webserver. As soon as thats done I'll trying putting the site up again. My backup plan is getting one of those web hosting accounts, if Cablevision shuts me down again. Unfortunatly, I can't get DSL by me, otherwise I would've switched to that a long time ago.

IP:

KiLlEr
posted April 19, 2002 10:24 AM            
Kev: I think the ArcWelder is not a good choice for a server mod. It will lag the server because of the electricity effect.

IP:

Kevlar
posted April 19, 2002 10:33 AM            
Like the All-Nuke Server didn't????

IP:

Random Chaos
posted April 19, 2002 10:40 AM            
Um...lag...um

Did you ever play on the Hell server back early 1.0 and the beta's before it? It had nuke insanity...especially in the beta's when ownership of projectiles was not inherited. Here's a list of what it had:

R-Grenade exploent called the Nuke Projectile
GAU hits were matter bomb hits (hill and damage and explo)
Concussion hits were nuke hits
Air Strike was nuclear

I recall that quite a number of other weapons were changed...bit I can't recall what. I know that the GAU lagged the server (even with all the entchains on the explo's removed!), you had to put the graphics into wireframe mode to get 1fps instead of 1frame/minute.

IP:

KiLlEr
posted April 19, 2002 10:53 AM            
I wasn't playing TM at that point in time

ArcWelder will basically stops the game for about 10-15 seconds, almost as bad as my aerial mine layer. Now that one REALLY screws up a server and I could never find out why. Fire one off, and the server get all messed up until the game is over. Tanks don't roll, they telleport for the rest of the game.

IP:

Vlad
posted April 19, 2002 02:50 PM            
That sounds like issues with transitory statements.. I'll take a look at them and see if I can spot the problem.

IP:

Vlad
posted April 19, 2002 03:05 PM            
Regarding the Aerial Mine Layer, there's two things that jumped out at me right away...

1) That thing just tosses out a grossly large number of projectiles. While it looks neat in single player (would look really neat if the mines had flares), and works well, you've got one salvo firing 6 missiles which in turn launch 100 mines each. That's 600 projectiles that the server now has to keep track of in the course of 5 seconds, and those projectiles stay around for 2 minutes. That will cause a lot of lag.

2) Another thing I noticed is that you don't have Transitory = 0 in Projectile/AerialMineLayerMissile.ent. What that may be doing is screwing up how the server and client interpret the projectile's flareent, in this case the spewer.

IP:

Vlad
posted April 19, 2002 03:15 PM            
As for the Arc Welder, I'm not quite sure what's causing that...

1) Try upping the reload rate from 0.05 to 0.1. The lowest reload for any of the stock weapons is 0.1, and I've noticed that lag problems happen with any reload rate below that.

2) I think the other problem has to do with the spewer you used to create the sparking effect. It looks really good, but as is, you've got it firing 20 times a second, and each shot creates 5 smoke ents through the spewer, so you end up with 100 smoke ents per second being rendered in once place. That may cause trouble. Also, you shouldn't need EntityChainNoChainOverride = 1 in your explo. You'll only need that if the thing being chained is chaining something itself, which it isn't in this case. I doubt it's causing the lag problems, but you never know.

IP:

John B.
posted April 19, 2002 03:23 PM         
Thanks, found. Must be too many frags are blurring my vision.

IP:

KiLlEr
posted April 19, 2002 04:32 PM            
Thanks Vald!

I kinda knew that the volume of projectiles generated by the mine layer would contibute to lag, but I was perplexed when I tried to make a server version (with 1/4 of the number of projectiles), I had the same result. I'll try adding transitory = 0 to where you indicated and try it out. Hopefully that will fix the problems there.

As for the ArcWelder, the problem is that if I turn down the spew rate, the effect is lost and it wouldn't work as well (the projectile uses negative kick to slow the poor victim down and yank him out of the air). So I never bothered with a server version of that one.

IP:

wolfman
posted April 19, 2002 05:23 PM            
Hi all - might try doing the aerial mine layer as more of a cluster bomblet type thing - minimum guidance of the mines and explode on impact = more server friendly
Will try to do an arc welder server later and possibly the nuclear inferno server. Know I have that pack around somewhere.

IP:

wolfman
posted April 19, 2002 05:47 PM            
You asked for it - ya got it bud. On the theme server. JT

IP:

This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2