TBI-KT
posted April 13, 2002 01:55 AM            
Every mod i try even my own TM crashs. And there are no errors.tripl checked
I have no idea what is wrong with XP and TM Mods

IP:

Rex R
posted April 13, 2002 02:20 AM            
hmmm to date that has not been a problem for me(win xp home). general Qs
are you logged on as administrator?(or at least the same user for both installing mods and running tm)
have you tried a mod from www.tm-central.com/
are there any error msg.s?
what sort of mods are you trying to make?
and last do you have(and use) ENTegrety?

IP:

Vlad
posted April 13, 2002 02:47 AM            
Can you run the game without mods? As far as I know, there really isn't anything that you can do with a mod that will not even allow you into the game. The worst you can do is make a recursive spewer that ends up spawning a few million projectiles in the course of 3 seconds, bringing your computer to its knees.

Not that I've ever done that, of course...

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted April 13, 2002 03:12 AM            
I've never had a problem with xp and mods on my computer.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

Rex R
posted April 13, 2002 03:22 AM            
unless of course it turns out that, that is what happens if you try to mod the demo(using an addons folder, dunno never tried modding the demo)

IP:

TBI-KT
posted April 13, 2002 12:29 PM            
WEll there are no ERRor msgs and yes i have been the comps Admin. for mods and TM. Yes i use Entegrety. The Storm Mod is relly bad when i start TM and strt a game it Frezes and the only thing i can do is turn off the powerbar. My mods are simple. There are no chain link spewers and stuff like that. The only thing that wroks are maps i have no problm with those unless there is a spewer on there that didnt come with tm.

IP:

Random Chaos
posted April 13, 2002 01:35 PM            
Try running a dedicated server with logging enabled. If it crashes, you will get very detailed messaged about the entity call errors first.

Also, make sure the Local dirs and files in them are all there and the DLLs are in the TM dir that are supposed to be there. That often causes crashes if it can't find any info...

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted April 13, 2002 09:38 PM            
DLL version conflicts can also cause a problem.

IP:

TBI-KT
posted April 13, 2002 10:01 PM            
That is another problem when i make a server u cant see it and when i want to close it the computer just shuts down. So i stoped making servers. The only way (so far) that i have gotten Mods to work was puting them in the default directory.

IP:

TBI-KT
posted April 13, 2002 10:07 PM            
one more thing when i use mods in signle player and multi player and then quit TM it does this weird thing it takes the whole screen and moves it down in the right hand corner.Then i have to re strt the computer top fix the prob wich is a hasle because i cant see the start bar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IP:

TBI-KT
posted April 13, 2002 10:25 PM            
never mind i found the best way for me to play with mods. i have to run the game windowed. it works but looks bad.

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted April 13, 2002 10:37 PM            
This sounds suspiciously like an OpenGL problem. What kind of video card do you have and what kind of system are you running. Please provide some details on your system configuration. Try this to see if an OpenGL problem might exist. Right click on the mouse in an open area on the desktop and go to Properties. Select the tab for screen saver. Change the screen saver to any 3D screen saver option. You do not even have to click on apply if you are having a problem with OpenGL the system will freeze when it trys to show the demo in the properties window. If it does freeze you have a couple of options. Check that the drivers are current for your video card or try the OpenGL.org drivers for your video card or try WickedGL drivers. If that does not solve the problem then have the memory checked in your system - some of it may be bad. I had that problem when I first got XP on a new system. Took a while to get it figured out.

------------------
May you always have a following Sea and the comfort of those you hold nearest to your heart.
TMMaps
[IMG]http://kong.kicks-ass.org/sailorsig1.jpg[/IMG]

IP:

TBI-KT
posted April 14, 2002 04:57 PM            
nop that wasnt the problem

IP:

kv
posted April 14, 2002 08:24 PM            
this really is an odd problem, could you post your system specs? it might help to solve the problem.

IP:

Random Chaos
posted April 14, 2002 08:51 PM            
I agree with KV - I've never heard of such a problem before.

- What version of TM do you have? (and Demo or Full)
- What video card
- Other system specs
- HD Space AND virtual memory settings AND physical memory

The way mods work is they add new entity files to the game. TM is not limited on entity files in anyway. And if new ones don't work, then existing LDA ones shoudln't work either. Nothing about your problem makes sense.

I do know that TM can have if you have low memory and are out of HD space. Every entity in the game takes a small ammount of physical or virtual memory to initiallize and remains in memory until you exit the game. If you are low on memory and have insufficient HD space the problems you are experiencing could happen (similar problems happened to me when I tried to play with 10000 tanks )

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted April 15, 2002 08:27 PM            
dont you mean 10,000 tris lol - 10,000 tanks would be a packed arena for sure !

IP:

Random Chaos
posted April 15, 2002 08:57 PM            
No. I mean 10,000 tanks. Took 3 hours of processing entities before I finally got Out of HD Space error becuase virtual mem had taken up all 1gb of HD space I had

IP: