|
Author Topic:   Hyped Up Mods Server Download Creation
wolfman
posted April 12, 2002 07:04 PM            
Hellllllllllllppppppppppppppppppppppp! Have had a really good response to the hyped up mods server. Though the number of entities is way too high and I need to know how to decrease the number of them and how to do a download pack. 666 has given some good pointers and I need all the help I can get (be nice now lol). Thanks all JT

IP:

wolfman
posted April 12, 2002 07:07 PM            
2nd Part of the question - is there a way to make a universal command to double or triple the ammo count on all weapons AND to double the rate of fire? Thanks

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted April 12, 2002 07:49 PM            
you cant actually make new ent commands like u can in unix lol... but if you would like to scour whats possible goto kevlars tm-central.com and click the EEK link - its the edit entity key, it will explain the answers to your questions.

IP:

wolfman
posted April 12, 2002 08:49 PM            
Thanks for the advice Matrix. My eyes are still cross eyed from looking through the key. Have looked at it for awhile - printed it out a while a go. Hoping for some quick tips Was wondering if anyone knows how to use the cookie dough effect universally to all weapons on the server. CD seems to triple the count but doesn't affect the reload time. It also restores help. Will keep at it though. lol

IP:

wolfman
posted April 12, 2002 10:23 PM            
Been tweaking cookie dough power up / weapon from Dudymas - got the most recent version. So the ammo count and health will be increased. JT

IP:

Vlad
posted April 12, 2002 10:47 PM            
You've gotta adjust starting ammo for individual weapons through their individual ent files.

An uber-text-editor like UltraEdit may be able to do a batch replace, or replace based on a formula, but you'll probably have to do it by hand.

IP:

Kevlar
posted April 12, 2002 10:57 PM            
I use Notetab Lite to do search and replace over multiple documents, if that helps. It's free. You can even have it re-open the last loaded files. In case you edit the same set of files a lot.
http://www.notetab.com/

IP:

wolfman
posted April 12, 2002 11:31 PM            
Appreciate the advice and info. Usually have had to redo by hand. Probably will have to do a Server Download - which I have no idea how to do (hint, hint, everyone lol). Someone told me earlier today that to get on the server 600 plus entities had to be downloaded - doh - ouch. Thanks guys JT

IP:

KONG
posted April 12, 2002 11:41 PM            
unzip the mods to any empty folder. this will create a addons dir in that folder. right click the addons folder and select winzip from the menu. /add to addons.zip.

then change the name of addons.zip to whatever you like, ie. serverpack.zip

if you are adding new mods put them in the correct subfolder inside that addons folder then do the right click thingy. ummm, better get winzip first.

I wish someone would do a faq thread on this bbs? Coax, could u suggest that to LDA? Ppl could submit stuff to you and you could post it in a locked thread? Mostly stuff like this and the patching problems or other reccuring topics with problems?

[This message has been edited by KONG (edited April 12, 2002).]

IP:

Rex R
posted April 13, 2002 01:54 AM            
Re; TM FAQ.
I'll second the motion

IP:

wolfman
posted April 17, 2002 02:36 AM            
thanks for the info everyone - hope to get some time soon to finish up JT

IP: