|
Author Topic:   Question
Random Chaos
posted April 12, 2002 10:36 AM            
Anyone know how (and if) you get a tank class to be unable to be picked by the AI but playable by any player inculding on multiplayer servers.

IP:

Rex R
posted April 12, 2002 12:41 PM            
as near as I can tell; for multi-player you set this in the dedicated.cfg file,relevent lines below
#The types of tanks allowed for bots, 0 is all, 1 is Steel, 2 is Liquid.
LimitTankTypes = 0

if this works the same as the single player settings, humans can chose whatever class of tanks they prefer(limited to what the server supports)

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted April 12, 2002 03:35 PM            
Did that answer your question RC? Seems to easy of an answer, because I'm sure you already knew that.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

Random Chaos
posted April 13, 2002 12:32 AM            
No. I know that command. What I am looking for is a way to make a tank so that only players can select the specific tank rather then the AI.

What you said specifies the class of tanks available to both player and AI. I am looking for a way to do this with a specific tank, not a class.

[This message has been edited by Random Chaos (edited April 13, 2002).]

IP:

BamZipPow
posted April 13, 2002 04:36 AM            
The closest I got to what yer asking fer is what I did for my soccer mod. The AI only gets to pick the liquid 8ball. Anyone connecting to the server will be able to use any tank except they won't be able to switch to another tank unless they disconnect and reconnect with their new tank. Is that what yer after?

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted April 13, 2002 06:09 AM            
WOW!!! I know only one thing on the whole EEK list and it seems to be magically the solution to a whole list of problems.

Since, Bam didn't answer your question(I dunno if it's because he knew I would want to answer it ). If you go to the viewable EEK at http://www.tm-central.com/eek/ and look under entityname="Name", entitytype="racetank" you'll see a description that I wrote, the only one I wrote and the only entity I know.

quote:
This will show the name of the tank in the “Your Treads” dialog box (dialog box = where you choose the tank you play with.) The real power of this feature is for servers; by commenting out this entry it disallows AIs from using that tank, but allows users to connect to the server with that tank. Possible uses: police tank, soccer.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP: